Respected Contributor

Anyone Have a Tried & True Recipe for Morning Glory Bread

I'd never had this before, but a Mardi Gras houseguest brought us a loaf of this marvelous bread and we loved it. She had purchased it, so she had no recipe. I'd rather get a recipe from one of you, who has made it and knows the ropes instead of directly from a cookbook. She did mention that it is more often made into muffins.

It has coconut, raisins, pineapple, and goodness knows what else, and it's delicious. We liked it better than banana bread and similar ones we've had. It's soooo moist and good. I think I prefer it in a loaf so you can cut the size piece you want.

Anyone?

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone Have a Tried & True Recipe for Morning Glory Bread

Contributor

!THANK YOU Tigriss! That was the best-

what a website, it has everything. The graphics are amazing and the info, timeless tips, blog, new products, etc, given is so refreshingly different- like a breath of fresh air... thank you again!

Respected Contributor

I have to say Thank You, too. Just got back home and found your response. I really appreciate it soooo much. I won't check it all out until tomorrow, but DH loved this bread so much I can't wait to make some more for him (and me, too!)

So kind of you to show us something that has so much to offer! I expect to go there often.

Respected Contributor

People forget that Canada is the largest settlement of French in North America. Their foods are more of a different mix than the French/Creole/African cooking of the Delta.