Valued Contributor

When are poster's on ALL the forums...

going to STOP bashing the hosts???? I was taught as a child that "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything." Why do some find it necessary to slam and insult hosts for just being themselves. They are people who have feelings and they are all very good at what they do. For those people who find it necessary to say these things...would you say it to their face's or do you need a computer to hind behind?

Respected Contributor

Re: When are poster's on ALL the forums...

Unfortunately, I don't think it will ever stop. The claims that "I have a right to express my opinion" will always justify the bashing in the basher's minds.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't mind anyone expressing an opinion. The networks put the host in a position to be critiqued and opinions simply aren't going to be 100% positive for anything or anyone -- not even God. I wish some would choose their words more carefully, but not everyone has the vocabulary to do that. Then there are those, who in some attempt to be cute and funny, come across as rude and offensive. Others simply seem like they are on a mission to use harsh language. In fairness, I could say something to the same effect about those who express their fondness for a host, and sometimes go overboard with their gushing.

Honored Contributor

When everyone agrees with everyone else.

Super Contributor

I've noticed that there seems to be a very vocal League of David Venable Bashers. Yet if they didn't watch him, how would they know all the things he does that seems to infuriate them? It almost seems as if they watch him, take notes of everything he does, and then come on the forums to rip him apart.

Honored Contributor

Probably around the same time posters learn when to use the apostrophe.

Honored Contributor

When they learn to change the channel, no one is forcing anyone to watch.

Esteemed Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.mellow} Picture yourself sitting at the lunch table in middle school. Students are making slamming comments about kids who walk by as well as their teachers and principals. And they're making fun of cafeteria workers and custodians. They do it because they're insecure and unaware of their actions. Or they just don't care if they hurt people. Fast forward 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 years. Some of us evolve. Others don't want to evolve or see the need to, or as Buck says -- they defend their right not to evolve. Neighbors, church community, cohorts at work, some family members and former friends -- the globe is loaded with people who defend their right to be mean. You are outnumbered - HA!

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Frequent Contributor

Probably NEVER ! ! !......Some just have to be able to have something negative to say, or point something out "just because"....My point ??? Post # 5.......................Have a Wonderful Day RJL-DLL 75....

Respected Contributor

On 1/27/2015 faeriemoon said:

Probably around the same time posters learn when to use the apostrophe.

Yikes!