Super Contributor

Question About Those King's Hawaiian Bread Products

We love those King's Hawaiian Rolls. I see lots of other King's Hawaiian products though also...hot dog & hamburger buns, round bread, etc. Does anyone know if all those products taste alike? Are they just different shapes with the same flavor?

Also, just came back from the store, and I noticed Sara Lee Hawaiian rolls for the first time. Anyone ever try those? Thanks!

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Honored Contributor

Re: Question About Those King's Hawaiian Bread Products

Not all of their products have the slightly sweet taste that the rolls do.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

In my opinion all the bread tastes the same, just different shapes. If you have a bread machine you can make them.

Super Contributor

We use the sandwich buns (larger than the hamburger buns) and hot dog rolls for hamburgers and Nathans Hot Dogs that DH grills outside during the warmer months for dinner. They are slightly sweet, like the dinner rolls, but the Savory Butter Dinner rolls taste like butter, and are not sweet, to my taste buds.

I have a loaf of the Kings Hawaiian Sliced Bread (this is a relatively new product) in my big freezer that I had forgotten was there...thanks for "reminding" me about KH! Wink

Honored Contributor

The little dinner rolls are the sweetest. The bigger they get, the less sweet. I assumed they were all similar when I bought the hotdog rolls. The hotdog rolls were good, but they weren't like the dinner rolls. I used them for sandwiches, so it didn't matter.
Valued Contributor

The round loaf size makes really good french toast, just slice it, you don't get that many pieces out of it but it's sure yummy.

Super Contributor

There's a ton of information on their website. Here's one thing:

"THE BUNS ARE BACK…BY POPULAR DEMAND

KING’S HAWAIIAN Brings Back Their Hot Dog Buns
Torrance, CA, July 1, 2014 - King’s Hawaiian is bringing back their popular hot dog buns to stores this summer. The buns were introduced to the company’s line of authentic Hawaiian bread in 2012 and are back by popular demand in time for the 2014 grilling season.

King’s Hawaiian hot dog buns have the same irresistible, sweet taste and soft, fluffy texture as the company’s signature dinner rolls. The hot dog buns’ signature “top-cut” design gives an all-American staple like the hot dog a tropical flare and complements its savory taste. Whether you prefer chili, sauerkraut, or simply ketchup and mustard, the King’s Hawaiian hot dog buns can hold all of your favorite piled-high toppings together in every bite. They are also perfect for serving your favorite grilled sausages.

“Our consumers’ feedback is very important to us,” said Erick Dickens, Vice President of Marketing at King’s Hawaiian. “When consumers told us how much they love our Hot Dog buns, we listened. We’re thrilled to be bringing them back in time for summer grilling.”

King’s Hawaiian has been bringing the ‘Aloha spirit’ to the mainland for over sixty years. The sweet and fluffy hot dog buns can be found in the deli/bakery section at your local grocery store.

About King’s Hawaiian
Founded more than 60 years ago in Hilo, Hawaii, by Robert R. Taira, King’s Hawaiian is a family-owned business that for three generations has been dedicated to making irresistible, original recipe Hawaiian foods made with Aloha Spirit. A priority for the company is sharing the Hawaiian Way – a uniquely Hawaiian approach to hospitality based on graciousness, generosity, and a commitment to making everyone feel a part of the King’s Hawaiian ‘ohana (extended family). King’s Hawaiian makes the #1 branded dinner roll in the United States, and operates baking facilities in Torrance, California, and Oakwood, Georgia. For more information visit the company’s website at www.KingsHawaiian.com, “Like” King’s Hawaiian on Facebook and Follow King’s Hawaiian on http://www.kingshawaiian.com/about-us/"

Respected Contributor

They are so delicious.
Super Contributor

Thanks, everyone! We love those little dinner rolls so much that I wondered if any of the others had the same taste. Nice to know that at least the hot dog buns do...at least according to what they posted on their website this summer!

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Honored Contributor

Interesting. I didn't think the dinner and hotdog rolls were exactly the same. Could be that I put butter on the dinner rolls and had tuna fish on the hotdog rolls. Either way, they were both good. I usually get them free with coupons, so I get whatever the store has.