Regular Contributor

ARGGH Ugly Temptations Brown Trim

Watching the bread basket segment thinking OH GOOD finally they don't have the ugly brown trim on the dish. They show all the "Old World," which isn't my cup of tea but let's go to the Floral Lace and ZOWIE there it is again that UGLY brown trim that ruins the cobalt blue and other color in Floral Lace. It looks like something my dog left in the yard.

Geez can't you find another way to incorporate the main color? The only Temptations I purchased went back after a week of looking at the brown and couldn't take it anymore. I quess Temptations is just not for me.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: ARGGH Ugly Temptations Brown Trim

I like the brown trim. Just me. Matches my cabinets.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I don't like the brown trim either. I wouldn't purchase any because of that. Don't think it does anything for the appearance of the pieces.

Super Contributor

I don't like the Brown or Black trim on any of T.T either.

On anything on any product even Vitamix or KitchenAid.

I purchased something in O/W today and yesterday, not in Floral lace for that reason.

As much as I love Floral lace it always has to be brown or black trim for the color I like, and on the wire baskets too!

Ruins the beauty of the item.

And the ugly tea pot why are the Handles trim in black? should be a similar matching color.

Super Contributor

So, I'm not the only one! It's good to know that.

Honored Contributor

I don't buy TT because I have had bad experiences with the line - but I LIKE the brown trim...obviously they sell a ton of it!

Super Contributor

This is why I haven't purchased any FL TT -- the brown trim detracts from the color of the piece.

Frequent Contributor

The brown trim is the only reason i buy that pattern.
Honored Contributor

I like the brown trim on most of the Floral Lace, when they keep the beading, and the trim very narrow. I'm not a fan of the pieces that have thicker unbeaded brown trim.

The brown trim, to me is the perfect compliment for light blue, spice, green, brown, and blue. Some of the other colors, like the red FL, not so much.

The real trim colors I find icky are the newer spring colors that are trimmed in neon greens, and such. Those, to me, are so unattractive.

Different strokes for different folks! That's what makes the world go round.

Valued Contributor

The brown trim doesn't bother me, but the lime green sure does! They've been using too much of that lime green, and take a pretty piece and ruin it with that green.