New Contributor

Consumer Product Safety Commission

On further thought, I have more to add regarding the Temp-tations issue, & this forum is the perfect opportunity to share those thoughts. It is evident that we all have found confirmation from each other that our complaints & fears regarding this product are based in fact. We are not crazy people who like to rant & complain. It feels good to express & share our disappointment, anger, & safety concerns about the product. However, it is quite evident we will accomplish nothing through QVC or the manufacturer's customer service. I wanted to put this all behind me, & not spend any more time & energy on it. It seemed pointless. However, I do believe that many of you, whether your experience was with cracking pieces, which ruined your set, or you had a dangerous accident occur, would like to have a part in protecting people by influencing a product recall. There is a possibility that we can do this through the Consumer Product Safety Commission. This governmental commission is available at CPSC.gov. You can read about this federal Agency, at this website, see a list of products they have recalled, & find a simple online form to submit regarding the product that is our concern. Let's take this a step further, folks! It may seem like a lost cause, but this could be the key to accomplishing the most important issue. We could protect others from serious harm.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Consumer Product Safety Commission

Or it could be proven to be a non-issue.

Cogito ergo sum
Super Contributor

I think it's a good idea because it could settle the arguments about the problems. I don't use this bakeware but after all the reports of problems here & on other sites I believe the people who posted about the breakage & hazards, Jmho

Esteemed Contributor

OP, I'm going to take a chance on putting in my two cents here. I agree especially with your comment: It is evident that we all have found confirmation from each other that our complaints & fears regarding this product are based in fact.We are not crazy people who like to rant & complain.It feels good to express & share our disappointment, anger, & safety concerns about the product.

Having had my own disappointment and problems with this product, in all honesty I don't think anything will ever be done about it. (I won't reiterate what happened with mine for fear of being "persecuted" if I do, but that will probably happen anyway.) I realize there are thousands of people who love and enjoy Temptations and never have problems, and that's great, but as long as that's the case, the ones who have problems will not be heard. The product is far from perfect, although it's constantly insinuated that it is in the presentations. It's the same with any product -- if the good outweighs the bad, that's just the way it is. However, it would be nice if someone at QVC or at Tara's company would just acknowledge the fact that there are also thousands who do have problems.

I also realize that someone will probably come here and say my last statement is not true, but all one has to do is spend some time actually reading the product reviews... not comments here on the forums, but the actual product reviews. I have done that because at one time I really wanted to buy more, but after that little exercise in the brutal truth, I decided against it. I did receive some as a gift though... There are hundreds of 1, 2 and 3-star reviews on many of the sets that complain about cracking, crazing, breakage, bad painting, etc. And if you go further and read a lot of the 4-star reviews, you will find that many are complaining about the same things, but yet they give it a high rating and would recommend it to friends. It just makes no sense.

It would be great if enough people would do what you suggest so that it would at least get some attention. But in all honesty, we who post about our problems here on the forums are a minute number of people, so I'm afraid it would not get much traction. If there were a way to get all the people who have complained either in reviews, social media, Tara's website, etc. to do it, it might help, but I just don't think it's possible. But it's a good suggestion!

Honored Contributor

If I were ever seriously harmed by a product that I had used correctly, I would file a complaint with any relevant government agency or private group.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I think this is a great suggestion. Anyone who had had real and dangerous failures should step up and file a report on this product.

Honored Contributor

On 1/27/2015 suzyQ3 said:

If I were ever seriously harmed by a product that I had used correctly, I would file a complaint with any relevant government agency or private group.

I would do the same.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

I also would do the same.
Valued Contributor

On 1/27/2015 dooBdoo said:

I would do the same.

this has been one of my main questions for years...why has this never been done?

Honored Contributor

On 1/27/2015 gkelly5744 said:
On 1/27/2015 dooBdoo said:

I would do the same.

this has been one of my main questions for years...why has this never been done?

How do you know it hasn't. And I'm sure many people who have had failures don't know how or where to report such a thing.

The absence of reporting doesn't mean it isn't happening (think how that same scenario happens with crimes like rape)