Honored Contributor

Comments on the Food Shows Today

I've watched a lot and enjoyed all the shows. Jill is great on the cooking shows. Enjoyed Mark Charles and Amy very early this morning. Laura Weathers does a fantastic job with the demos. I quit watching for a while as I don't care for the Food Fest shows. I plan to watch the show with David later. (if it doesn't get too silly)

Super Contributor

Re: Comments on the Food Shows Today

Very pleasant presentations today!
Esteemed Contributor

I have been watching off and on......most have been fun...much better then what we usually get on the weekends...

I was hoping Laura was going home when the TSV sold out...but then she said she would be on with David tonight....I felt sorry for her...its a long day when you have the TSV...I always feel sorry for the person who has to be on for almost 24 hours...that's just too much....

Only complaint I have about today....and it just occurred with Chef Tony....his nails are long and filthy ....and they always are....so disgusting to watch...then he is touching all the food...it made me gag...

Why doesn't someone from the Q. bring it to his attention...though he should know his nails are too dirty to be working with food on camera or otherwise...I would never order anything from him or his line just because he has no pride when he comes on..

I will tune into David....but if starts with naming colors ever two minutes or how many have sold and which are selling first...I will definitely tune out...he seems to be the only hosts that is obsessed with doing that...none of the rest of them do it....

Honored Contributor

If I lived alone, I would have had it on in the background all day. As it is, there seems to be never ending basketball in this house. Yes, we have only one t.v. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

I caught a few minutes of Jill this morning. I like her a lot. I just took a peek during a basketball commercial and it's Rick. Never mind. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

~ house cat ~

I very rarely post anything on these forums, but I can't hold back any longer. The reason for my frustration is pronunciation! Listening to the presentation for lobster gram, made me want to speak out. The correct pronunciation for bruschetta is (brusketta) in italian ch is pronounced K! Please educate your hosts on the correct pronunciation.
Super Contributor

On 1/25/2015 circles said:

I have been watching off and on......most have been fun...much better then what we usually get on the weekends...

I was hoping Laura was going home when the TSV sold out...but then she said she would be on with David tonight....I felt sorry for her...its a long day when you have the TSV...I always feel sorry for the person who has to be on for almost 24 hours...that's just too much....

Only complaint I have about today....and it just occurred with Chef Tony....his nails are long and filthy ....and they always are....so disgusting to watch...then he is touching all the food...it made me gag...

Why doesn't someone from the Q. bring it to his attention...though he should know his nails are too dirty to be working with food on camera or otherwise...I would never order anything from him or his line just because he has no pride when he comes on..

I will tune into David....but if starts with naming colors ever two minutes or how many have sold and which are selling first...I will definitely tune out...he seems to be the only hosts that is obsessed with doing that...none of the rest of them do it....

circles--I recall Chef Tony's nails were brought up awhile ago in another post. Yikes....I shall pay attention the next time he is presenting!
Super Contributor

I liked all the lady hosts. Ladies usually cook and none of them were silly just insightful.
Respected Contributor

I haven't seen Chef Tonys nails but will be on the look out next time he's on. As a trained chef, the man should know better about hygiene. I'm sure the board of health has regulations regarding hair nets and nails.
Super Contributor

nice presentations..

Super Contributor

So "Chef" Tony is not a trained chef. He grew up cooking with his parents who were in the restaurant business. He IS a TV pitchman as evidenced by his infomercials. I have noticed his nasty nails also and find it absolutely disgusting! There is no reason for that, IMHO.