Honored Contributor

Chocolate Pudding/Frosting Secret? Sweet Potaoes!!

Oh. My. Goodness! I just found Chocolate Paradise! Simple, SIMPLE...vegan recipe that's cray cheap!! Makes a cup or 2 of chocolate 'pudding'...or 'frosting'.

1 large Sweet Potato, baked until soft with skin removed
3 Tablespoons of cocoa (dark, preferred)
1 Cup plant-based milk (soy)
2-3 droppers of liquid Stevia
Blend until smooth & silky. Store in refrigerator.

Eat as pudding or use in place of frosting. I could even see using a few pepper flakes for a sweet-hot kick. Definitely a nice alternative to something sweet....with ingredients you probably have! Sweet potatoes are so cheap right now...so many uses for them. Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

Re: Chocolate Pudding/Frosting Secret? Sweet Potaoes!!

OK, I'll bite. I'm super picky when it comes to my chocolate, but this I may try. Sweet potatoes are super full of fiber. The below recipe has a few additions that I like. I can't have fructose, so I'll use regular sugar. That I can have!

Ingredients (2 servings)

• 1 cup well-pureed roasted sweet potato flesh (roast a large sweet potato at 400°F for 1 hour – or until super soft – peel and puree flesh in a food processor until perfectly smooth, measure 1 cup)
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup, preferably grade B
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1/2 tsp espresso powder (instant coffee)
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Valued Contributor

Yum! They both sound so good! I will probably make the one that tigriss listed because of the almond milk and maple syrup. Just when I was craving an alternative to the same old same old. The sweet potatoes are a bonus. Super good for you! Thanks, ladies.Smile

Respected Contributor

Honored Contributor

Favor...how 'bout doing the basic recipe, them add the extra stuff? I bet you might be satisfied w/ less. It's just less expensive w/ the basic...I love to save $$!.

Honored Contributor

Very Interesting with sweet potatoes. Sounds good & more on the healthy side. Thanks for sharing the different recipes.

Respected Contributor

I love the flavor coffee adds to chocolate. I use instant coffee in my brownie mix. It is wonderful! It does bring out the chocolate without being overpowering.

Honored Contributor

On 1/19/2015 tigriss said:

I love the flavor coffee adds to chocolate. I use instant coffee in my brownie mix. It is wonderful! It does bring out the chocolate without being overpowering.

I bought some espresso powder to use in brownies & other chocolate goodies. I also like it in the hot chocolate from Williams & Sonoma. I'm not a coffee drinker either.

Esteemed Contributor

My friend made this or something similar for a get together. It was awful.

I'd rather have the real chocolate a few times a year.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

On 1/19/2015 HonnyBrown said:

My friend made this or something similar for a get together. It was awful.

I'd rather have the real chocolate a few times a year.

I'm so sorry your friend got the wrong recipe. If using my recipe, the taste is exactly like thick, rich, chocolatey pudding...just like the real thing! Please share these recipes with her! Smiley Happy Not just a few times a yr, but all the time, if you want...fat-free!