Trusted Contributor

Earlier this year, there was a diet going around based on frozen dinners that I think was put out by Lean Cuisine. It didn't really catch on and disappeared very quickly. It was a free PDF file and, although it wasn't very healthy, since these frozen dinners are loaded with sodium, I had occasionally used a couple of the suggestions. I think it mimicked NutriSystem since you added fresh items to the frozen dinner to expand it to a complete meal. Anyone know what I'm talking about and know where I can access it? I already checked the Lean Cuisine website - nothing there.

Honored Contributor

If you feel you must diet you can easily invent your own. Info is now on the package. Diets are just silly.

Esteemed Contributor

That didn't answer her question.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

What do you think Nutri System is?

Respected Contributor

After the holidays (I always put on some weight during this time), I go back to my healthy eating but to get the extra pounds off quickly I eat my fruit, high fiber, etc. no sugar at all, and then for dinner I eat a Lean Cuisine dinner (I always check the sodium to get the ones with the lowest amount) and I eat this mixed into a lot of steamed vegetables and it is really filling plus I am eating lots of vegies which I love. I cook my regular healthy dinners for my DH but I avoid them for a while because they are so good and I tend to eat more than I should. This way, the LC is controlled (they are small so you really need to eat vegetables plus it is healthy). Hope this helps. In the evening I have my apple and I am all set.

Respected Contributor
You might be thinking of I Love this Diet. I'm on my tablet and can't insert a link, sorry. See if this is what you're looking for: http://ilovethisdiet.com. On this site, you can download a doc with suggestions about ingredients to add to change up the boxed meal.
Super Contributor
Not sure I've seen what your asking for, but just wanted to say that I've used LC to help lose weight. For me, I need portion control, and this helps for dinner with a big salad. I make this the biggest meal of the day, and try to eat earlier between 3-4 as a late lunch/early dinner concept. The rest of the day is filled with a lot of water. Of course whatever you use, LC, another brand, or homemade, it's all about a balance with portion control, plenty of water, and exercise. I guess if I were consistent with that balance, then I wouldn't go up and down with my weight?
Honored Contributor
I know what you're talking about, but don't know what it was called. I don't think it was named after lean cuisine though because you could use any of the low calorie brands.
Respected Contributor
The site ILoveThisDiet.com that I citer above makes use of several brands of low cal brands. Check it out....I do believe it's what you're looking for.
Honored Contributor

This is probably what you're talking about....just Goggled Lean Cuisine pdf. You mentioned about the high sodium, but of course the additives in pre-packaged food are high, as well. All that aside, I applaud you for tackling this in the middle of holiday season...what a JumpStart for the new year! If eating this way springboards you to healthier eating & eating more fresh vegetables, than go for it.

Lean Cuisine 1500 calorie plan