Trusted Contributor

Since having a Heart Attack in September I'm looking to reduce my Sodium. I looked at the cubes and the better than bouillon and salt in them is very high. I did find a product called Herb Ox in Chicken and Beef with no Salt. Has anyone tried this Product? If not any recommendations? Thanks!

Super Contributor

Re: Question About Bouillon?

I use the Herb Ox ... but only the regular. I don't have issues with salt.

I use them in soups, stews and sauces ... been using them for years.

I guess an alternative is to make your own chicken broth or beef broth.

Trusted Contributor

On 12/18/2014 Kathleen said:

I use the Herb Ox ... but only the regular. I don't have issues with salt.

I use them in soups, stews and sauces ... been using them for years.

I guess an alternative is to make your own chicken broth or beef broth.

I will try these first I think. Thanks Kathleen for sharing your information. The others are out of control with Sodium.

Frequent Contributor

Katey, I use this both in the chicken and beef. Since I'm not a lover of salt anyhow, I really do not notice the difference. My husband also actually agrees with me. I've been using the salt free for about 3 years now. I used the regular Herb Ox until I noticed the salt free.

Have used this brand for years.

Take care and check out the sodium content on the boxes and cans of foods you purchase.

Trusted Contributor

On 12/18/2014 DorothyL said:

Katey, I use this both in the chicken and beef. Since I'm not a lover of salt anyhow, I really do not notice the difference. My husband also actually agrees with me. I've been using the salt free for about 3 years now. I used the regular Herb Ox until I noticed the salt free.

Have used this brand for years.

Take care and check out the sodium content on the boxes and cans of foods you purchase.

Thank you so much DorothyL I now pay attention and most certainly read Labels for Sodium Levels. I'm purchasing things like No Salt Beef Broth at Trader Joes and I have a list of their Products with Low Sodium. I'm now buying Tomato Sauces Salt Free. I have made this a habit. I rarely use Salt at Home anymore. I bought both Beef and Chicken Herb Ox. I plan to use it for Stuffed Pepper Soup. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}