Honored Contributor

Those who make homemade gifts for the holidays..

... what do you make and give away?

I usually make gingerbread cupcakes, but I dropped the ball this year.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: Those who make homemade gifts for the holidays..

I made a batch of peanut butter chews for my stylist and her family. That is it as far as sweets, as we limit these kind of treats in our household, due to diabetes.
Honored Contributor

For those who I knew enjoyed them, I used to make up a few edibles such as my fudge and some sort of cookies like a really nice ginger cookie recipe that a friend shared with me. I also would make those No Bake Cookies that are so wrong, but so good. They seem to be very popular. I love them.

But since we've had the dog (who sheds more than I do!) I haven't been cooking for others unless upon request because I'm afraid I'm unable to successfully keep the dog hair out of things.

Super Contributor

Thirty years ago I made candy assortments. . .These days I bake breads, cinnamon rolls, tea rolls, dinner rolls, home canned jellies, and relishes. A couple of my grown sons continue to bake teddy bear breads to give to long time friends (a tradition from their youth). I also make a huge party mix (Chex style) with peanuts, chex cereal, pretzels, round oat cereal, lots of spices (including chilly & hot powder) and butter. This is one of my son's favorite and we share with those who shouldn't eat sweets.

Respected Contributor

I used to make dozens of cookies for DH to take into work lunchroom. But different military contractor this year so that is out.

Trusted Contributor

Hi House Cat...I used to do a lot of baking of cookies and made some candy also to give away. Now there are so many people watching their diets whether for weight or other health reasons, I have cut out most of that. But I still like to do a very simple one that people enjoy. I just take pretzel rods, melt good chocolate and drizzle it over them, and shake on some sprinkles....red and green for Christmas friends and blue and white for my Hanukah friends. I put them in a pretty box, or those cellophane bags, tie with a bow and oila.' It makes a thoughtful little gift and is not too calorific. Merry and Happy to you and your family!

Respected Contributor

Toffee. But I only give it to people I know, and who I know like it. It's too expensive to make otherwise.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Respected Contributor

Last year, I bought pretty glass canisters with Christmas designs on them, and filled them with homemade cocoa mix.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

Almost all our neighbors go north for Christmas so I have decided to wait and do some baking when everyone gets back in january.

Honored Contributor

I make several different kinds of cookies. Take a small plate with a big festive bow on top to four of my neighbors (who I know enjoy them), send a tin to my spread out grandchildren and the rest go to my DD in Northern California. That is about the only baking I do all year!