Contributor

Does anyone have this recipe from Paula Dean and sons desserts cookbook? I lost mine! TIA

Contributor

Re: chocolate peanut clusters

I found this recipe by Paula Deen but she used pecans instead of peanut. Maybe it will be an easy substitution? Hope it helps. ----- Paula Deen Pecan Chocolate Clusters Ingredients 7 -ounce jar marshmallow cream 3/4 pound chocolate kisses (recommended: Hershey's) 2 1/2 cups sugar 6 -ounce can evaporated milk 1/2 stick butter 2 cups pecan halves Directions Place marshmallow cream and kisses into a large bowl. Set aside. Combine sugar, milk, and butter in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook for 8 minutes. Pour over marshmallow and chocolate, stirring until well blended. Stir in pecans. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper.
Contributor

No thats not it The one I need is very simple and uses white bark. But thanks for your time

Honored Contributor

Is this what you are looking for?

Peanut Clusters

This is another yummy quick & easy candy that will satisfy all chocoholics.

1 lb white almond bark

1 - 1 oz square unsweetened chocolate

1 - 11.5 oz milk chocolate chips

1 – 1 lb can salted cocktail peanuts

1 tsp vanilla

Melt bark, chocolate & chocolate chips in ovenproof baking dish ( you may also use a double boiler or microwave). This can be done on low heat 250°. Stir in peanuts & vanilla. Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper.

Because the milk chocolate chips take longer to melt than the unsweetened chocolate & bark, you might want to begin melting them first. Heat in the oven until half melted, then stir in the almond bark & unsweetened chocolate. Stir well & return to oven until mixture is melted.

Yields about 45 pieces

From The Lady & Sons Just Desserts

https://books.google.com/books?id=60RXI4Ql0isC&pg=PA126&lpg=PA126&dq=paula+dean+chocolate+peanut+clu...

Honored Contributor

This is how I make them.

1 c semi-sweet chocolate chips

1/2 c white chips

1 tbls shortening (don't use butter)

2 1/4 c lightly salted peanuts or nut of choice.

In microwave safe bowl, place chips & shortening.

Microwave on high 1 to 1 1/2 mins in 15 min intervals stirring between each until melted & smooth. The chocolate will be melted but may not look like it until it's stirred.

Drop by spoonful onto waxed paper.

Put in refrigerator until set. Store in airtight container.

Makes about 3 dz.

There is also a recipe using almond bark on the forums you can make in the crock pot.

This candy recipe is so addictive that we can only make it during the holiday season. You may also make this recipe with almonds instead of peanuts. However, almonds are more expensive.

Crock Pot Peanut Clusters

2 pounds white almond bark
1 (4 oz.) bar German chocolate
1 (12 oz.) pg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (24 oz.) jar dry roasted peanuts

Put all ingredients the crock pot. Cook on high for 1 hour. DO NOT STIR. Turn crock pot down to low and stir every 15 minutes for 1 hour. Drop on waxed paper and cool.
Regular Contributor

My recipe doesn't use white chocolate but it is easy and good. Peanut Clusters 8 oz semi sweet chocolate chips 8 oz butterscotch chips 3 T creamy peanut butter 16 oz Spanish nuts Cookie sheet lined with wax paper Begin melting the chips in the microwave one minute at a time stirring well after each minute. I use 80% instead of high. Be careful not to scorch the chips. When the chips are almost melted, add the peanut butter. When all is melted and mixed, add the nuts and stir. Quickly drop teaspoons of mixture onto the wax paper. Store in tight container and refrigerate.