Valued Contributor

A easy butter cream frosting please, ty

I am looking for A easy butter cream frosting recipe just something easy..anyone have one, ty so much

Britt

Honored Contributor

Re: A easy butter cream frosting please, ty

I've never seen one that wasn't easy.

Here's one from Taste of Home. It also includes easy directions for variations, like making it almond or chocolate instead of vanilla. It looks likes the one I used to make with my mom.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/easy-vanilla-buttercream-frosting

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Brit,

Someone posted the following recipe this year back in May. Sorry, didn't get the person's name.

Buttercream

1 stick butter
1 C. Crisco
1 lb. confectioner's sugar (sifted - yeah, who am I kidding, I never sift)
1 tsp. vanilla (or almond) extract
Heavy cream - use a tablespoon at a time until it's the consistency you want.

(Can't get much easier than that!) :-)

Valued Contributor

Chynna, LOL, i know right easy lol..i was just hoping..haha

sfnative, that sounds good, i would probably half it..im trying to make a peppermint icing..

How have you been?? What do you think of this cold cold weather?? I think its colder this year then last year? ha

You baking this year? Thanks, Britt

Valued Contributor

chy, That looks really good, these r two really good recipes!! ty

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/17/2014 Britbrit13 said:

Chynna, LOL, i know right easy lol..i was just hoping..haha

sfnative, that sounds good, i would probably half it..im trying to make a peppermint icing..

How have you been?? What do you think of this cold cold weather?? I think its colder this year then last year? ha

You baking this year? Thanks, Britt

Hi Brit,

Yeh, it's cold and this morning we turned on our heater, it went on for 3 minutes then shut down. Burrrrr! Thank goodness DH knows how to get it going again. Last year I recall temps in the 20s, but maybe that was in January and February. I hope not February this year, as I'm having foot surgery in February at Emmanuel.

I'm usually baking my hands off by this time, but this year I'm sewing my hands off - Christmas gifts. This coming Monday I have set aside for baking only. I'm going to make those Swedish Crescent Cookies and the much asked for Sultan Caps. I really need to squeeze in my gingerbread cookies and decorate them, too, for my 14 month old granddaugter. In a normal year, I make 7 different cookies, which, in my culture is considered good luck for the new year.

Merry Christmas to you!

Honored Contributor

Hi Britanny, Here is a buttercream frosting Tara McConnell from Temptations posted on her Facebook page with the Best Ever Pound Cake recipe. I have never used this recipe but it sounds easy enough.

Frosting:

1 cup butter, softened

8 cups confectioner's sugar

2 teaspoons vanilla

1/2 cup milk

For the frosting, place butter in a mixing bowl and beat until smooth.

Pour in all remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Add more milk if necessary

Valued Contributor

TY Night, that does sound easy and delicious!!!ty

Britt

Occasional Contributor

I have used the buttercream frosting that Tara put on facebook page for years, It is good. I think the recipe was on a a box of Confectioner sugar at one time.

Respected Contributor

I made it on Thanksgiving for the first time in my life using the Pioneer Woman's recipe. It was delicious and I plan to use that one from now on.