Trusted Contributor

It has happened. I finally have used all the potholders we were given for wedding showers and wedding gifts. I have tried to find ones that are just as thick but still flexible as the ones we had for years.

I looked at the Sonoma site and they had several choices. Does anyone here have the W-S potholders? Do you like them? Or, do you have any other brand suggestions?

Thank you for your input.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

I've had Williams Sonoma potholders in the past, and they're really good ones. I think you'd like them.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor
I make my own by buying a nice thick bathroom washcloth then folding it into fours. I simply stitch up the sides and have a nice thick one.
Valued Contributor

you might check out *The Kitchen Buddy* here on The Q. I have two in red and they are great! Long wrap around style with silicone at each palm to protect against heat. Good Luck in your pot holder quest.

CAT

Valued Contributor

oops, it is called THE COOKING BUDDY, i have two in RED!

Honored Contributor

I've tried others and always come back to WS's potholders. I don't like glove-type ones; I like the square with the pocket.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

Thank you so much, everybody, for your responses. lilypadfrog, I'm not much of a sewer. Every time I sit down at a sewing machine, the thread breaks, the needle breaks, or the bobbin falls out. gacat123, I liked the cooking buddy and was tempted, but wanted something that could easily hang by my range. Maybe I'll order one of those in the future.

I did order the W-S pot holders, the two made in the USA. I try to buy American made products whenever I can. I find that I almost always check to see where something is made and that sometimes determines if I purchase it or not.

Again, thank you.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Esteemed Contributor

Same here. I went all over the place and tried out pot holders, but couldn't find any that fit my bill - so stiff, so ended up making my own. The fabic store I went to helped a great deal and showed me the special batting used for pot holders. The fun part was creating a stitch design on the top. I made the first batch, which we are still using, with a rather ugly fabric that was on sale. Now that I know we really like them, it's time to look for some fun kitchen fabric. (DH is kitchen-challenged and has burned 2 of the 4 I made. Geesh!)

Thank you for bringing this subject up!

Honored Contributor

Amazing that we still make potholders in the US.

Esteemed Contributor

I like the silicone pot holders