Super Contributor

I am thinking of purchasing a new Keurig for home and was wondering:

Do you use the same pod for a cup of coffee and the carafe of coffee? Wouldn't that be too strong?

Thank you! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Trusted Contributor

No. The machine uses KCups for the single ups and KCarafe Packs for the carafes. The macvhine can also make single cups with VIE packs which, I believe, are being phased out.

New Contributor

I love my new Keurig! Some of the samples I received had strong coffee, dark roast and my solution to having a really strong cup of coffee was to make the largest cup and split it into two cups, one for me and one for my husband and added some heated up water to each to make 2 cups of coffee from one KCup. My favorite for the One cup of coffee is the breakfast blend. Not to strong and not weak. I love this personalized coffee machine. As far as the carafe, I did not get that machine, but I would assume you would need much more than a single KCup to brew a full carafe worth of coffee, just like a regular coffee pot.

Respected Contributor
On 12/16/2014 KYToby said:

No. The machine uses KCups for the single ups and KCarafe Packs for the carafes. The macvhine can also make single cups with VIE packs which, I believe, are being phased out.

They've discontinued the Vue brewer, but they better NOT discontinue the VUE cups! I love my Vue and will be seriously PO'd if they discontinue the cups.