Honored Contributor

Which items in your kitchen will be desirable vintage pieces in the future?

I love perusing Ebay for vintage Pyrex, table linens and other pieces from the 1950s and 60s.

Which items in your kitchen now to you think will be nostalgic and vintage in 20 or 30 years?

Which do you think will be junk?

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: Which items in your kitchen will be desirable vintage pieces in the future?

I have a collection of gay fad Anchor hocking glassware. Also a 70 year old , already vintage Kitchen aide mixer. I own vintage china and silver inherited from my MIL and vintage crystal glassware and dishes inherited from my Grandmother. However, anymore , no one is interested in collections of beautiful things so they do not have any real value.

Honored Contributor

Temptations

Valued Contributor

My Fiestaware. I have some from the 50's that were my Mother's and the ones I bought.
Honored Contributor

HH, check prices on Ebay and Replacements Ltd before you determine you have stuff with no value. Silver has melt value if nothing else. I have a huge collection of 20-30's Depression Era kitchenware, mainly salt and pepper shakers that went on the stove. I also have my family's Fiesta from the 50's. All the new items from China I'm buying now? It usually breaks within a few months anyway. Just try to find a thermometer that actually works.

Trusted Contributor

Some of my things are already considered vintage, so I'm sure they will continue to be considered so: my older Fiesta pieces, my older rolling pins, my grandmother's cookie cutters, I do think my Pfaltzgraf dinner pieces that were not made in China will be considered vintage, perhaps the Winterberry items. Pyrex items. My 30+ year old KA stand mixer. I have my grandmother's old lard cans and flour tins. We have an early 1970s Snoopy cookie jar that several people have already asked me about, so I assume it's going to be worth something someday, if it's not already.

I have two Three Mountaineers spice cabinets. They're considered vintage now.

I'm not sure about cookbooks, simply because many people don't seem to cook that much anymore. I have a ton of them.

The junk will be Temptations. It simply doesn't hold up. The only TT I kept was a salad set in the Cucina pattern; the rest of it has been sold at yard sales. I sold it cheaply just to get rid of it. (Although something from TT might be worth something simply because it managed to age without cracks and chips. You never know.)

Regular Contributor

Me!

Honored Contributor

Pretty much the newer stuff won't be, I suppose.

I do have several pieces of red Lustro Ware, like the bread box, a recipe box, and some shakers, etc. Those already are antiques.

I also have a bunch of the original, Pyroceram, Corning Ware French White and Black. I guess now that they are only selling Chinese-made stoneware (so NOT nearly as good!), those have become vintage and will probably last forever.

I'm getting to that point where I'm thinking I wish I had somebody to pass things on to. I don't have kids (for which I really am VERY glad), but that leaves one where they have great things and nobody to pass them down to.

I also have some antique Pyrex items that I've maintained in perfect condition.

Honored Contributor

The dishwasher has never even been used............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

I don't really care, as I will likely be dead. I enjoy what I have, today. It's in the eye of the beholder.

Cogito ergo sum