Valued Contributor

need recipe for butter pecan nut bread

Does anyone have the recipe for butter pecan nut loaf bread made with a cake mix ?. It make 2 loaves and uses a butter pecan cake mix , I got it from qvc recipe swap years ago and lost it .It would be appreciated if anyone has it to share , Many thanks in advance ,

cathy from ma.

Trusted Contributor

Re: need recipe for butter pecan nut bread

This is as close as I can get.......can you give something more to what you want......

http://community.qvc.com/forums/recipe/topic/297522/butter-pecan-ice-cream-loaf.aspx

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Trusted Contributor

I have a couple that I saved from a few years back twinkies, I use to be able to copy and past from my documents but can't seem to do that now so will have to type them in. So they will be following shortly.

JPC

Trusted Contributor

twinkies,

Here you go. Hope one of these are the one you are looking for.

Butter Brickle or Butter Pecan Bread From: mamacarol

1 box butter brickle or butter pecan cake mix

1/2 cup oil

1 cup hot water

4 eggs

1 package instant coconut pudding

1/4 cup chopped nuts

Mix all together well and divide between two greased loaf pans.

Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour

Another:

Butter Pecan Bread From: YouGoGirl

1 box Betty Crocker Pecan Cake Mix

1 3 oz. box coconut cream instant pudding

1 cup vegetable oil

1 cup hot water

4 eggs

1 cup chopped pecans

Mix all together and bake in 2 loaf pans (greased and floured or sprayed with Pam)

Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.

After they cool well, wrap in saran wrap and then aluminum foil over that. Keeps really moist and tastes wonderful per YouGoGirl.

These are pretty similar. Hope one of these are the ones you are looking for.

JPC

Trusted Contributor

Hoping that twinkies see this.

JPC

Contributor

mmmmmmm I'm glad she asked. Since the discovery of my terminal illness and dh love of sweets, I try to find things that are easy. This is going to do the trick. Thanks for taking the time to send this.

Valued Contributor

Oh ladies ,

thanks so much .that fancy ice cream cake looks good , I will have to make note of that !

To Just Plain Crazy , I think that's the one! I wanted to make the loaves and using a cake mix is easier and that recipe sounds easy and delicious , Many thanks . I am going to make this next week for Christmas,[ so excited now !!]

cathy from ma.

Trusted Contributor

On 12/14/2014 luvpups said:

mmmmmmm I'm glad she asked. Since the discovery of my terminal illness and dh love of sweets, I try to find things that are easy. This is going to do the trick. Thanks for taking the time to send this.

luvpups,

So sorry to hear of your illness. I haven't tried either of the recipes. Are you going to give them both a try. I noticed when I typed them up, they are similar.

Do take care luvpups and have a nice Xmas with family and friends.

JPC

Trusted Contributor

Cathy,

So glad that one of the recipes was the one you were missing. Is it the one from mamacarol or the one from YouGoGirl that you had made? Not much difference in either of them, just amount of oil and nuts. They do sound wonderful.

Glad I could help out Cathy.

Merry Xmas to your and yours

JPC

Valued Contributor

just plain crazy,

The recipe that I wanted was the one from 'mama carol'.thanks again ! happy ,happy!

merry Christmas to you and family.