Honored Contributor

Dear Santa, Please don't bring me a vacuum for Christmas. I'd prefer...

If Santa had $500 to spend on your Christmas gift, would you want him to bring you a vacuum cleaner?

I'd prefer a couple of LeCreuset pots. What would you ask for?

~ house cat ~
Super Contributor

Re: Dear Santa, Please don't bring me a vacuum for Christmas. I'd prefer...

hmph... probably more than 500 but a quality espresso machine and conical burr grinder. please :-D

I've mastered the French Press, now onto more serious business.

Super Contributor

I would not be happy, but I am already using (and loving) my Christmas present - a Kitchen Aid stand mixer. Been trying out cookie recipes all week.

ETA - Some would think this is too utilitarian of a Christmas gift, but I love to cook and bake and this is something I will enjoy.

Trusted Contributor

When we first got married, I told my husband to never buy me anything that plugs into the wall as a gift, unless I asked for it. After working with a guy who bought his wife a new vacuum cleaner for Christmas, I explained to my DH that those sort of things are household expenses, not gift items. (BTW, all the women in my office scolded the poor guy for buying his wife a vacuum cleaner--as if he didn't hear enough about it at home {#emotions_dlg.ohmy})

Twenty years later, when my husband asked me what I wanted for Mother's Day, I told him I wanted a vacuum cleaner. I got a Shark and have never been so in love with a vacuum cleaner in all my life {#emotions_dlg.wub}

This year, I'm asking for a new pair of Isotoner gloves and some kitchen gadgets. Nothing too expensive. I have most everything I want/need. I got a beautiful Brighton bag for my birthday last month, so I am still riding that cloud Smile

Esteemed Contributor

$600?

A weekend away with a hunky hunk.

If he doesn't show then I'd like a new Waterford lamp I've got my eye on.

Trusted Contributor

The year we were married (almost 44 years ago), my husband gave me a Hamilton Beach stand mixer for Christmas. I was not amused. It was a really nice mixer, but a mixer? For Christmas? I lost the HB back in 1972 when Hurricane Agnes hit our area.

About five years ago, I asked for a Kitchen Aid 6-quart Pro stand mixer. And was tickled to death when I found it under the tree.

DH just shook his head and smiled. He'll never "get" me, but he loves me dearly and he says that's all that matters.

This year? I want a new cell phone. I'm kind of techie that way.

Respected Contributor

Forget Santa. Just give me a gift card to QVC or Nick Chavez' website and I'll buy Nick Chavez' products!

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Trusted Contributor

That would be a NO! But if something broke and we only had our Christmas funds to buy it, then that would be "ok." We were at that point , in the early years of our marriage.

I like cash $$Wink{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Super Contributor

HMM..a nice outfit, out to dinner, and tickets to a show- for holiday, seeing the Rockettes, or a broadway type show like Jersey Boys with my husband. That should take care of $500.00.

Honored Contributor

Actually I wouldn't mind a vacuum, but I don't need one that expensive. $200 for a vacuum and the balance on a new kitchen faucet. I love practical presents for Christmas.