Super Contributor

Any Opinions on new "Coca Cola Life" Compared to "Classic Coca Cola"?

Just saw Coca Cola Life (green can) in the supermarket this afternoon. Its sweetener is part cane sugar and part stevia. For those of you who drink Classic Coca Cola (not Diet or Zero), how does it compare to the Classic Coke?

I've been disappointed in Diet Coke and Coke Zero. I only saw six-packs of Coca Cola Life, so I did not buy it. Next time I go to the store, I'm going to see if it comes in a 1 Litre bottle.

All opinions will be appreciated! Thank you. Smile

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Super Contributor

Re: Any Opinions on new ""Coca Cola Life"" Compared to ""Classic Coca Cola""?

I tried it and it's pretty good. Our Whole Foods is selling the individual small bottles in the refrigerator case. If you have one near you, this would be a good way to try it without the commitment of a 6-pack.

Super Contributor

Thanks, Dam Yankee! I'm a die-hard Classic Coke lady, so I'm reluctant to give it a try.

Honored Contributor

I haven't tried it yet. In fact, I just saw a sign for it as I was leaving the supermarket the other night. I definitely want to try this one!

Trusted Contributor

I have a couple of Classic Coke fiends in the family and they both said it was not as good as Classic. I was hoping it would be at least as good because it would be a little better for them, but alas no. They don't want me buying it again.
Honored Contributor

OP ... is it Coca Cola LIFE .... or LITE ?

Super Contributor

On 11/21/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

OP ... is it Coca Cola LIFE .... or LITE ?

It's definitely Coca Cola Life...don't know why!

Super Contributor

On 11/21/2014 Tommie1965 said: I have a couple of Classic Coke fiends in the family and they both said it was not as good as Classic. I was hoping it would be at least as good because it would be a little better for them, but alas no. They don't want me buying it again.

Darn! That's what I thought, and that's why I did not want to buy a six-pack. I've been stuck with leftover diet sodas in the past when they didn't pass muster. Thank you, Tommie!

Respected Contributor

I don't know why they try to do something with Coke all the time. Just leave it alone IMHO. We shouldn't be downing Cokes all the time anyway and when you do enjoy a Classic Coke. The imitators never cut it. Yes, I'm a die hard Classic Coke fiend too :-)
Respected Contributor

We like Coke Zero, although I couldn't explain why - it just tastes better than Diet Coke to me.

Also like Cherry Coke Zero.

I haven't tried Coke Life, but probably won't; it's somewhat reduced in calories but not enough for DH, who is diabetic. And I prefer 0 calorie drinks.