Super Contributor

looking 4 a wonderful easy recipe for coffee cake

I am going to a bake sale this Sunday. The benefits will go to one of my very best friends who has lung cancer. She will be out of work for awhile...for sure. I'd like to make some coffee cakes. I used to have a super easy one that always was enjoyed! It has been years since I made it and I can't locate the recipe...How bout you? Do you have a good recipe? TIA beanie

Super Contributor

Re: looking 4 a wonderful easy recipe for coffee cake

ok..so duh! I searched for coffee cakes in the search bar...and this one comes very close to what I used to make. I'm going to print it out now.

This is a coffee cake I have served several times at my quilt group and they loved it. It is very moist and yummy.

BUTTER PECAN COFFEE CAKE By: JPC
Coffee Cake
1 - Box Butter Pecan Cake Mix
1 - Small Pkg Instant Cheesecake Pudding
4 - Eggs
1/2 - Cup Oil
1 - Cup Water
1/3 - Cup Sour Cream
Topping
1/3 - Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 - Cup White Sugar
1 - tsp Cinnamon
1/2 - Cup Chopped Pecans
Mix Coffee Cake ingredients well and put 1/2 of the batter into a 9 X 13 greased pan.
Sprinkle with 1/2 of the topping mix and cover with remaining batter and rest of topping.
Bake 35 minutes in 350 degree oven
JPC
Esteemed Contributor

Betty Crocker Prize Coffee Cake

3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup soft shortening
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cups sifted gold medal flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Mix together the sugar, butter and egg. Stir in the milk and flour mixture (flour, baking powder, salt).
Spread batter in greased and floured 9 inch square pan. Sprinkle with desired topping. Bake until wooden pick thrust into center of cake comes out clean. Serve warm, fresh from the oven.

Streusel Topping

1/2 cup brown sugar
2 Tablespoons flour
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Bake at 375 for 25 to 35 minutes!

Tastes just like mom used to make!

* For an orange variation of this coffee cake follow the recipe above - except use orange juice for half of the milk, and add 1 1/2 tsp. grated orange rind. Sprinkle top with Crumb Mixture, given above, adding to it 1 1/2 tsp. grated orange rind.

This is good baked with sliced apples on the top and topped with whipped cream to serve!

Honored Contributor

How about some monkey bread? It's about the easiest coffee cake. If making for a bake sale, I'd leave out the nuts and raisins.

Ingredients Edit and Save

Original recipe makes 1 10 inch tube panChange Servings

3 (12 ounce) packagesrefrigerated biscuit dough 1 cup white sugar 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon 1/2 cup margarine 1 cup packed brown sugar 1/2 cup chopped walnuts(optional) 1/2 cup raisins Check All Add to Shopping List PREP 15 mins COOK 35 mins READY IN 1 hr Directions Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9 or 10 inch tube/Bundt® pan. Mix white sugar and cinnamon in a plastic bag. Cut biscuits into quarters. Shake 6 to 8 biscuit pieces in the sugar cinnamon mix. Arrange pieces in the bottom of the prepared pan. Continue until all biscuits are coated and placed in pan. If using nuts and raisins, arrange them in and among the biscuit pieces as you go along. In a small saucepan, melt the margarine with the brown sugar over medium heat. Boil for 1 minute. Pour over the biscuits. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 minutes. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a plate. Do not cut! The bread just pulls apart.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

The one on the Bisquik box is very good and I will put cherry pie filling on it before I bake it along w/ the streusel topping. It is easy and good.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

COULDN’T BE EASIER DANISH - COFFEECAKE

1 pkg yellow cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 c. melted butter (real)
1 can pie filling
1/2 c chopped nuts (opt.)
1 c. powdered sugar
1 Tblsp. Light corn syrup

2 tbsp. milk

Mix first 3 ingredients together. Pat mixture into 9x13 pan using wet fingers. Evenly spread 1 can pie filling (apple, blueberry, peach, cherry – your preference) over the batter. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup chopped nuts. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Cool. Mix 1 cup powdered sugar, corn syrup, and milk. Drizzle over Danish.

Respected Contributor

On 11/20/2014 beanie said:

ok..so duh! I searched for coffee cakes in the search bar...and this one comes very close to what I used to make. I'm going to print it out now.

This is a coffee cake I have served several times at my quilt group and they loved it. It is very moist and yummy.

Coffee Cake
4 - Eggs
1/2 - Cup Oil
1 - Cup Water
1/3 - Cup Sour Cream
Topping
1/3 - Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 - Cup White Sugar
1 - tsp Cinnamon
1/2 - Cup Chopped Pecans
Mix Coffee Cake ingredients well and put 1/2 of the batter into a 9 X 13 greased pan.
Sprinkle with 1/2 of the topping mix and cover with remaining batter and rest of topping.
JPC

I copied this recipe posted by JPC and cannot seem to find a " butter pecan cake mix" anywhere. Does anyone know what company makes it? I would love to make this.

Honored Contributor

On 11/20/2014 Bungo said:

The one on the Bisquik box is very good and I will put cherry pie filling on it before I bake it along w/ the streusel topping. It is easy and good.

super easy.....that coffee cake was the first thing i ever baked!

Cinnamon Streusel
1/3
cup Original Bisquick™ mix
1/3
cup packed brown sugar
1/2
teaspoon ground cinnamon
tablespoons firm butter or margarine

Coffee Cake
cups Original Bisquick™ mix
2/3
cup milk or water
tablespoons sugar
egg

Directions

• 1 Heat oven to 375°F. Grease 9-inch round pan. In small bowl, stir streusel ingredients until crumbly; set aside.
  • 2 In medium bowl, mix coffee cake ingredients until blended. Spread in pan. Sprinkle with streusel.
  • 3 Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.

This coffee cake is best served warm, but you can microwave a piece for 10 to 15 seconds on High to bring back that fresh-from-the-oven taste.

Crown this classic coffee cake with fresh fruit, a small mound of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

On 11/21/2014 luvsbulldogs said:
On 11/20/2014 beanie said: <p style="line-height: 16px; margin: 0px 0px 12px; word-wrap: break-word; outline: none; color: #434343; font-family: Arial, helvetica, sans-serif; padding: 0px; zoom: 1; font-size: 14px;"> ok..so duh! I searched for coffee cakes in the search bar...and this one comes very close to what I used to make. I'm going to print it out now.

<p style="line-height: 16px; margin: 0px 0px 12px; word-wrap: break-word; outline: none; color: #434343; font-family: Arial, helvetica, sans-serif; padding: 0px; zoom: 1; font-size: 14px;"> This is a coffee cake I have served several times at my quilt group and they loved it. It is very moist and yummy.

Coffee Cake
4 - Eggs
1/2 - Cup Oil
1 - Cup Water
1/3 - Cup Sour Cream
Topping
1/3 - Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 - Cup White Sugar
1 - tsp Cinnamon
1/2 - Cup Chopped Pecans
JPC

I copied this recipe posted by JPC and cannot seem to find a " butter pecan cake mix" anywhere. Does anyone know what company makes it? I would love to make this.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Kruastez (not sure if I spelled this right) in the baking aisle has best coffee crumb cake mix I've ever had (2.49) it's my go to for anytime I need to bake a quick dessert. I add some walnuts on top & conf sugar/maple glaze. I also bake in disposable 8x8 pan. Always a hit and freeze great! (I have a frozen one in my freezer at all times). You can also make muffins out of it too!