Respected Contributor

What's cooking for November - especially Thanksgiving

OK, so I cannot do those graphics. Well guess I could try but probably do not have the patience or whatever it takes. Maybe a good set of brains would help too. LOL.

A very dull Hallowe'en in my neighborhood - it has been years since Trick or Treaters come around and there are a lot of kids on this street. Most go to Church events any more - sure is safer. Heard on the news this morning where three 13 year old girls were struck by a hit and run IN A CROSSWALK and the driver never stopped. Two were twins - all three were killed. How very sad and it seems there are so many hit and runs out here recently.

Even though I doubted that anyone would show up I did put a lighted pumpkin in my big window and turned the front lights on for trick or treaters and yes, did have some candy. Nothing!

Am still thinking about what to fix for dinner - have no clue - its really cold - winter came with a bang but will be back up into the high 890s in a couple days. And the good news is we had some rain last night and a few more sprinkles today. Yippee!!!! Just wish it would pour.

Hope all have a great day.

Respected Contributor

Re: What's cooking for November - especially Thanksgiving

Thanx for the start off Winifred, like you we don't get many trick/treaters anymore, the church/schools do a parking lot tailgate thing, works out really well, plus we had horrendous winds & rain/snow, really! not ready for that yet, anyway was a slow nite only 2 doorbell rings, oh well guess I have to eat the candy lol

Tonite is pork chops & fried noodles of course, homemade applesauce, maybe salad, was going to make an apple pie did not get to it, maybe tomorrow.

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, only food to worry about, I go all out, love the prep/cooking/baking

Rain did you say, Hurrah!

Hope all are well, & glad Preds is back with pix, Sushi where are you? and all the others

Take Care

Valued Contributor

Not 1 trick or treater here. I don't even purchase candy now, as it is just too much temptation. As you mentioned, there are so many organized activities. We just finished eating chicken stir fry. It is so easy and a great way to enjoy veggies. I have not posted here before, but am anxious to see what others are cooking.
Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

We had around thirty or so kids. They were adorable and DH had a ball scarring a few of them. We are just big kids when it comes to Halloween. Spent yesterday un decorating the yard. Went to friends house and had smoked pork and chicken, potato salad, mac. salad, hash brown casserole and some type of dessert that we haven't eaten yet. Can't remember what it was called, but it has chocolate pudding, cool whip, crushed oreos and other stuff in it. I'm sure DH will check it out sometime today. LOL

Wishing all a wonderful Sunday and hope you remembered to set your clocks back if you need to do that.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Trusted Contributor

On 11/2/2014 Preds said:

Preds: I love your graphics and pass them on. I look for your posts in this subject.

Boop

Valued Contributor

evening all! Been a busy few days. Served coffee today, three services and went through 20 lbs. of coffee. Huge crowds each service. Had 815 the first service. And so many young men and young families. Good to see that. I left the wrong impression, my kitchen is small, I meant to say how countertop covers cover a lot of the area in a kitchen. Make sense? Probably not. No cooking here, has been a marathon of eating out. Will have take home box of chicken tonight. Did order a quarter of grass feed, no antibiotics beef from church members today. Looking forward to good hamburger. Haven't thought of Thanksgiving yet, just finished Halloween! And it was a miserable night, even had some hail and snow.predicting another bad winter for this area.
Regular Contributor

Last year we moved into the townhome community from an apartment. I bought 8 bags of candy and ran out. We had hordes of children.

This year, I bought 10 bags of candy and bought pencils for 100 kids. I had 20 trick or treaters, maybe. I noticed there were many in the neighborhood who didn't have their light on and were not giving out candy.

It's really not healthy for me to have all the leftover candy and if it's here, I'll eat. Tomorrow it's going to the food bank.

Honored Contributor

On 11/2/2014 flbettyboop said:
On 11/2/2014 Preds said:

Preds: I love your graphics and pass them on. I look for your posts in this subject.

Boop

Thank you

Honored Contributor