Trusted Contributor

No Peek Casserole

2 -3 lbs stew meat

1 can Campbell's Chicken Mushroom Soup

1/2 cup Gingerale

1 pkg Lipton Onion Soup Mix

1 4 oz jar mushrooms, drained (optional)

Preheat oven to 300*. Comebine ALL ingredients (DO NOT brown meat and DO NOT dilute soup with water) together. Mix well. It will be lumpy before it's cooked. Pour into a casserole dish and cover. Bake 2 1/2 to 3 hours. DON't PEEK!! Serve over pasta, rice or mashed potatoe's. I LOVE the smell of this when it's cooking!

Respected Contributor

Hey LilBit, so good to "see" you again, you are missed, this sound really yummy & will be on the menu next week

Thanx

Trusted Contributor

Spix....Hi sweetie! It is great to see you too my friend. Let me know how it turns out!

Honored Contributor

Thank you for sharing, you have some of the best recipes and I enjoy making them and eating them.

Honored Contributor

Why can't you peek? Thanks.

Trusted Contributor

RetRN.....Hi dear lady. Thank you so much for your kind words. I am just happy the recipes will "live on". Soooo many of the recipes I post came from my DM who has sice passed, as well as my Aunts. I know they would all be pleased that ppl are still enjoying their recipes as much as we all do/did. Nice to see you and I hope yu are doing well.

Valuskr...to be honest? I really don't know. All I can remember getting my wrists slapped when I TRIED opening the oven door! LOL

Esteemed Contributor

LilBit, thank you! I was trying to think of something different to make this weekend, and this is it!

Valu, the "no peeking" probably has something to do with the bubbles in the gingerale doing their part of the cooking process.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Frequent Contributor
I need to try this in the crock pot! Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

This sounds really good, have to shop today, so will pick up the few things I don't already have on hand for this, and it will be dinner tomorrow. Thanks for sharing it.

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

LilBit, my family has not eaten well while you were gone!! SO glad you are back, hope you are well, and we will be making this tomorrow!!