3 1/3 cups flour

1 1/2 teaspoons salt

1 teaspoon nutmeg

2 teaspoons cinnamon

2 teaspoons baking soda

1 cup raisins

1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)

2/3 cup water

Beat eggs. Add sugar and beat. Add oil and Pumpkin. Beat well. Sift dry ingredients together. Add the dry ingredient mixture and water alternately. Mix well after each addition. Grease 2 loaf pans. Pour batter into pans. Bake at 350* 30-40 minutes.

Contributor
LilBitMissty, So happy to see your post! This sounds delicious...thank you! Always worry when I don't see you posting! Hope you are doing well! Smiley Wink
Trusted Contributor

grandmatobe...Hi!! It is good to see you! Thank you so much for your kind words. I am doing as well as can be. Funny how our whole body changes when we start getting OLDer Smile. I use to make this at Thanksgiving time. I don't bake like I use to anymore since hubby passed away. When I did make this, I would sprinkle some chopped nuts over the top.

Hope you are doing well and had a great summer!

Contributor
I understand...just celebrated a big birthday myself! Smiley Wink You should consider putting together a cookbook...I have certainly enjoyed your recipes... as I know SO many other ladies here have too!!!
Trusted Contributor

grandmatobe....funny you mention that...I started putting together a cookbook about 5 years ago. Slowly I am still working on it. I come from a family of wonderful cooks and I just want to keep their recipes in cirulation, hoping others will enjoy them as much as we have Smile Happy Belated Birthday to you!

Contributor
Thank you! I'd love to own one when you finish! Smiley Wink
Trusted Contributor

grandmatobe...Smile I have made a note of that. There are others that have asked me to make a book as well. I do alot of selling on ebay, so I am thinking that whenever I complete it I will sell them on ebay. Nothing fancy..no expensive bookbinding. Just down to earth good recipes! Not sure how else to get the book out there.Smile

Contributor

LBM: So wonderful to see your posts. I have made many of your recipes and some many times. I would welcome a cookbook from you. I've never had a failure with your recipes.

You have added so much to this board and it makes me happy. I'm an ebay fan, so I'm looking forward to your cookbook, if you can find time to pursue this.

I really missed you in your absence.

Trusted Contributor

TrishTX..... Hi sweetie. TY..It feels good to be posting again! I am so happy you have tried several of my recipes and enjoyed them. My DM would be smiling too. You are such a sweet lady and am I happy our paths have crossed on here. WHEN I do get the cookbook completed, I will be sure to let you know. LOL my dear friend Britbrit wants me to finish it too. I have surely missed you too dear one. Have a safe Halloween and hope I see you soon.....

Super Contributor
This recipe looks awesome! I am just starting to think about trying baking. This recipe requires no rising or kneading? This seems like something even I could try.