Occasional Contributor

who would like a 5 qt roaster??

I love my 9 x 13 pan, but wish Tara would come out with a larger 5 qt capacity. Anyone else interested too?? I collect floral lace.

Respected Contributor

Re: who would like a 5 qt roaster??

I'm surprised Tara hasn't come out with one also, especially now that the holidays are coming up.

I have no use for one, having inherited two corelle roasting pans, but I'm sure they would be welcomed by others.

Denise
Honored Contributor

i would love a 5 or 6 quart covered dutch oven......maybe in solid colors rather than a print.

i would also like to see her try to do a tagine.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Ceramic is not good for roasting things, Unless there is liquid in it, it will heat unevenly, and it will lead to crazing and cracking. We already hear about people having issues can you imagine the number of posts that we will see about how TT ruined their holiday with such a roaster?

Respected Contributor

On 10/22/2014 KYToby said:

Ceramic is not good for roasting things, Unless there is liquid in it, it will heat unevenly, and it will lead to crazing and cracking. We already hear about people having issues can you imagine the number of posts that we will see about how TT ruined their holiday with such a roaster?

I didn't realize this, thanks for educating me KYToby. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} I shall doubly bless my late MIL for those inherited Corelle roaster pans!

Denise
Trusted Contributor

Maybe they won't make a vessel that large because it would be a disaster if it would crack or break.

Honored Contributor

i have another smaller ceramic roaster and have never had a problem with it......dont see why temptations would not think about making one.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

This information is exactly correct, and never brought to light on air (or in the literature that comes with the product). Many other ceramic manufacturers include in their instructions the fact that any dish needs to have food or liquid covering the entire bottom of the pan. You aren't, for instance, supposed to place just pork chops in the bottom of a baking dish and bake them. Ceramic was never designed to be used "dry". When Tara pulls a roast or turkey surrounded by veggies out of the oven on a demonstration, she never mentions to make sure there is sufficient liquid in the bottom of the vessel during cooking.

This is why so many lid its are cracking in the oven. People are putting them in the oven dry, trying to bake cookies, or bake a piece of meat, and they are cracking in half left and right. Tara and QVC would save themselves much grief if they would just be honest about the limitations of ceramic, instead of acting like they've just invented some new revolutionary way to cook.

Valued Contributor

On 10/22/2014 lady s said:

I love my 9 x 13 pan, but wish Tara would come out with a larger 5 qt capacity. Anyone else interested too?? I collect floral lace.

you aren't alone in wanting a bigger pan! bet Tara would sell thousands of the larger ones!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

she did a type of small "roaster" about 4-5 years ago or so. i cant remember what it is called, but i use it often. i have it in a white with a raised design. it came with a wire rack and a wicker trivet. the top and bottom pieces were pretty much identical in size.....almost the size of a rounded rectangular meatloaf tin (slightly larger) with the same rounded top. you could roast or bake something in it OR use each piece on its own in the oven. it is a very versatile piece. i cannot remember what it is called though. if she did this in a larger version it would be perfect!