Valued Contributor

O/T - Easy way to eat more Vegetables and Make them taste GOOD

I need to eat more vegetables. I'd love to hear ideas how to incorporate more vegetables in my life. Easy ways to make them taste good, non fat ideas. I am looking on recipe boards but I'd love to hear how some of you have incorporated more vegs. in your meals.

Honored Contributor

Re: O/T - Easy way to eat more Vegetables and Make them taste GOOD

Vita Mix smoothies and soup, Google them if you don't have that cookbook. Some can be made in a simple blender, some will require Vita Mix's stronger motor. I usually just throw stuff in with a container of yogurt, flavored if necessary to cover up some vegetable tastes.

Honored Contributor

I roast them! I haven't met a veggie I didn't like that doesn't taste good roasted. And---I put them in my Vitamix for morning smoothies. If you are into to Pinterest (who isn't) check out the recipes there. Good stuff!!

Valued Contributor

I'm not a "good" cook, when you ROAST Them....do you put anything on them first....I'm going to google but how do you roast them...

Okay...I know someone is laughing right now.

Valued Contributor

Big fan of roasting veggies. Broccoli is a big fave around here. Cauliflower is another good one. I also love doing eggplant, red onion, peppers, squash, and getting big, hearty rolls and making roasted veggie sandwiches. Topped with some evoo and balsamic and a little goat cheese-yummy!
Trusted Contributor

Definitely roast. I put olive oil on them & some salt. Add other spices if u want. I put under the broiler a few minutes. I like mine fairly well done. Eating vegetables without the skin (fiber) defeats the purpose IMO.
Honored Contributor

I taught myself to eat veggies and enjoy them by....eating them. If you never ate an assortment of veggies, you have train your taste buds. Also, I found that I had to be realistic. There are some veggies that I simply don't like, so I didn't force myself to eat cauliflower, broccoli, cooked spinich. I don't like "mushy" bland veggies and I'm more likely to eat them if they are readily available. So, I buy a lot of frozen veggines. My freezer is stuffed with a wide assortment. I stir fry them in a big skillet with olive oil (sometimes Pam) and seasonings. I also add onions and peppers. At first veggies were "okay" but it didn't take long before I was enjoying them. I also do a quick "bake" with fish or skinless chicken breast. I use aluminum foil, put my chicken in and put veggies on top of the chicken, spray some butter flavored Pam or some olive oil, sprinkle some some spices and bake.

Honored Contributor

Make a big pot of greens every week. Home cooked in chicken broth, maybe add a little bit of lean ham if you like. Eat and enjoy! Oh, and for most 1 tsp of sugar in the big pot of them.

Respected Contributor

I love most veggies and I find juicing a way to eat even more. I take my pulp and make muffins with it. Shakes for fruit.

We eat a lot of salads and almost anything can go in them. If you're not fond of the vegetable (broccoli, cauliflower, etc.) start with a very small amount. I don't mix my salad, everything is served on the side so we can pick and choose what we want.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Esteemed Contributor

Chop them into big chunks, pour a cap of olive oil and a cap of balsamic vinegar over them and ROAST until they smell good!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.