Respected Contributor

Would like 2 Soup Recipes Please, Cabbage and Smoked Sausage & Lobster bisque

We ate out and we had such delicious soup. We couldn't make up our mind so he ordered the cabbage soup which had smoked sausage, diced potatoes, onions and carrots in, very good.

I had the lobster bisque which was excellent as well. This was pure white, not spicy at all, very creamy and very good.

The only lobster bisque I ever had before was pinkish or orange and a bit spicy which we don't like but we both loved this one.

the cabbage and smoked sausage soup was also very good and he said he would like this with the cold winter weather coming SO, if any of you ladies have a tried and true recipe for either of these 2 soups I would appreciate the recipe, thanks so much.

Honored Contributor

Re: Would like 2 Soup Recipes Please, Cabbage and Smoked Sausage & Lobster bisque

I use Bob Wardens recipe for the cabbage soup in his first pressure cooker book that is very good. Don't know if that helps you if you don't have a pressure cooker. Not a fan of lobster so can't help with that one.

Respected Contributor

Re: Would like 2 Soup Recipes Please, Cabbage and Smoked Sausage & Lobster bisque

yes I do have a pressure cooker, 2 in fact. I have an electric one and one that is for the stove top which I use mostly since I feel I have more control. I cook with gas and feel that one works better for me.

would you please post Bob's recipe, thank you

DH loves lobster bisque but this was the first we ever had it that it was pure white and tasted very creamy and had a great lobster taste.

Esteemed Contributor

http://www.mrfood.com/Soup-Recipes/Quick-Lobster-Bisque

Here's a link to a lobster bisque that Barbarainnc posted recently.

Respected Contributor

thank you, went there and copied it. Sounds good and will try it but going to add diced potatoes, onions, celery and maybe a touch of garlic to it since the one we had did have diced potatoes, onions and celery in and I usually put garlic in almost anything I can, not much in this though of course, thanks again, does look good and sure sounds easy.

Super Contributor

While it's not soup, may I suggest Polish Kapososta. It's simple, delicious comfort food!

1 # Polish sausage, cut into 2" pieces on an angle

1 head cabbage, shredded

1/2 cup water, more as needed

1 t. dill seeds

black pepper to taste

2 cups cubed, peeled potatoes

1/4 cup butter

Slice sausage and layer under shredded cabbage in large pan. Add water and seasonings and cook over low heat, stirring frequently in covered pot for 1-2 hours. Boil potatoes in separate pot. When potatoes are almost tender, drain and add to sausage mixture. Continue to heat and stir mixture together. Add butter and serve hot.

Regular Contributor

allrecipesdotcom. Check reviews, they tell it like it is! It's my go-to site when I am looking for any recipe.

Honored Contributor

On 10/20/2014 doglover3 said:

yes I do have a pressure cooker, 2 in fact. I have an electric one and one that is for the stove top which I use mostly since I feel I have more control. I cook with gas and feel that one works better for me.

would you please post Bob's recipe, thank you

DH loves lobster bisque but this was the first we ever had it that it was pure white and tasted very creamy and had a great lobster taste.

Here it is---

CABBAGE SOUP WITH POLISH SAUSAGE

2 T butter

1 onion, sliced

1 1/2 t minced garlic

4 cups sliced cabbage

2 c red spuds, sliced or diced into 1/2 " cubes

8 oz kielbasa sausage

2 cups chicken broth

2 cups veg broth

1 T white vinegar

1 T parsley

1 bay leaf

1 t celery salt or seed

1 t sugar

1/4 t black pepper

1---Add butter to cooker and set on high or brown. Saute onions and garlic until a little brown or translucent.

2---Add remaining ingredients and stir. Securely lock on the lid and set to high and cook for 4 minutes.

3---Perform quick release and serve.

I use all of the same kind of broth and use the whole packaged turkey kielbasa. I also buy the packaged , shredded cabbage too. It's good with a little sour cream on top too

Respected Contributor

Better Than Bouillon makes a jarred lobster base (kind of a paste form) with a recipe on the back that wasn't spicy, but you could back off the paprika and leave out the tomato paste if you wish. (I tried it with the one cup of dry sherry and found it a bit strong tasting, so I reduced the amount the next time and added the difference in water.) It's easy-peasy and quite good. I bought my jar at soupsonline.com and later found it at Publix.

Lobster Bisque - Ingredients:

• 1 cup white wine or sherry
  • 2 cups half and half
  • 1/4 tsp paprika
  • 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 tbsp Better Than Bouillon Lobster Base
  • 2 tbsp tomato paste
  • 1/2 cup minced cooked lobster (if available)
Directions:

Combine all ingredients in a stock pot. Bring to a boil while stirring. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Makes 4-5 servings.

Denise
Super Contributor

On 10/21/2014 denisemb said:

Better Than Bouillon makes a jarred lobster base (kind of a paste form) with a recipe on the back that wasn't spicy, but you could back off the paprika and leave out the tomato paste if you wish. (I tried it with the one cup of dry sherry and found it a bit strong tasting, so I reduced the amount the next time and added the difference in water.) It's easy-peasy and quite good. I bought my jar at soupsonline.com and later found it at Publix.

Lobster Bisque - Ingredients:

• 1 cup white wine or sherry
  • 2 cups half and half
  • 1/4 tsp paprika
  • 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 tbsp Better Than Bouillon Lobster Base
  • 2 tbsp tomato paste
  • 1/2 cup minced cooked lobster (if available)
Directions:

Combine all ingredients in a stock pot. Bring to a boil while stirring. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Makes 4-5 servings.

Thanks so much for this! Looks so easy and yummy. I think I will add it to Thanksgiving dinner at my house.