Respected Contributor

I recently joined Pinterest and am lost on there. I found several recipes that I want to print out and cannot figure out how to print them. I have even tried to copy and paste them on my Word program but it will not work. If I hit the print button on my computer I get several pages and all I want is the recipe. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum but I had no clue as to where I could find out how to get a recipe off of there. I also posted this in Among Friends. TIA

Respected Contributor

Re: Question about Pinterest?

I am technologically challenged, but I have gotten some great advice from the Electronics Forum. Poodlepet
Honored Contributor

Can you take a screen clipping of them and copy/paste to Word?

Contributor

I usually just use the recipe right from the Pinterest site like using a cookbook. Have you tried to right click and choose the print option or the copy/paste option highlighting only the recipes. Many pins also have the option at the top to Send or Share and you can send it to your email and then print it. Hope this helps!!

Esteemed Contributor

You can do a "Prt Scr" and paste into Word but you get the whole screen not just the recipe. I have had no problem copying. Once you click on the recipe page, hit the print button, X out the little print box and copy by highlighting the wording. Copy and paste by using Edit, copy and paste. Hope it works for you.

Respected Contributor

Thanks everyone. After trying several times I received a notice that I needed to download an update to Java and so I did. It totally messed up my computer and loaded several things that I did not want on my computer. I had to remove them all. I decided that it was not worth it so I deactivated my account to Pinterest. Thanks again.

Respected Contributor

I can never navigate myself around that web site. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. Wish I could figure it out.

Honored Contributor

I loved Pinterest, it's great fun. I admit, I'm technologically challenged and I never figured out how to print. Once some says "download" I just say forget about it.....I fear messing up my laptop or my Kindle.....I don't need to print anything that bad. I have recipes in my Pinterest recipe file, I can take my tablet into the kitchen when I cook.
Trusted Contributor

I love Pinterest!

You are printing from the original website where the recipe was posted, not Pinterest. You click on the image within Pinterest, then click again on the large image and it redirectes you to the original website where the image was posted (with the recipe, in your case).

From there you can either copy and paste to Word, as Lolakimono suggested, but that is not necessary unless you want to save it in Word. She is right that you want to highlight just the part you want to print and copy that.

Control+P = print and you will get a pop-up box to preview your printing. If you don't want to print the whole darn thing, just select the pages you want, then hit print. Don't give up so easily! Smile

You might have to occasionally update Adobe Acrobat, but it is about a 10 second process, and honestly, you shouldn't need to update it more than once in a blue moon. Why did you have to update Java???

Honored Contributor

On 10/19/2014 luvsbulldogs said:

Thanks everyone. After trying several times I received a notice that I needed to download an update to Java and so I did. It totally messed up my computer and loaded several things that I did not want on my computer. I had to remove them all. I decided that it was not worth it so I deactivated my account to Pinterest. Thanks again.

I'm sorry that happened to you. Downloading software updates from pop-ups isn't a good idea. Malicious people have created pop-ups that look identical to the genuine ones. Any time you see those, go to the official website instead and update from there.

btw: In general, using Java (important, Java is not the same as JavaScript) is unnecessary and can invite problems. I keep Java disabled on my Mac and on all browsers.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova