Respected Contributor

Great place for chili recipes?

It's chili weather! And I am always on the lookout for great chili recipes. What are some good online sources?

Thanks! Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Re: Great place for chili recipes?

have you entered EXCEPTIONAL CHILI in your search ? Give it a try. Good luck

Respected Contributor

That'll work! They always say ""good."" LOL. Just remembered the great chili cookoff.

Thanks.

Super Contributor

I use the most extreme phrase in any search - It brings me the most extreme results. HA

I am sure you will find an exceptional receipe

Respected Contributor

I use Wendy's Copycat recipe with some changes for the best recipe. I leave out the salt and water and cook in the crockpot. I also leave out the celery if I don't have any. Add a small glob of Ketsup and a little minced garlic. I also leave out 2 of the tomatoes and the chilis and add a can of Rotel tomatoes (medium hotness) and cut the chili powder some. Otherwise it's almost exactly the same. LOL

http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/Wendys-Chili-Copycat-Recipe.html

Respected Contributor

I like the Wendy's Chili recipe as well!!! It makes quite a lot and is wonderful!

Respected Contributor

On 10/19/2014 mima said:

I use Wendy's Copycat recipe with some changes for the best recipe. I leave out the salt and water and cook in the crockpot. I also leave out the celery if I don't have any. Add a small glob of Ketsup and a little minced garlic. I also leave out 2 of the tomatoes and the chilis and add a can of Rotel tomatoes (medium hotness) and cut the chili powder some. Otherwise it's almost exactly the same. LOL

http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/Wendys-Chili-Copycat-Recipe.html

Guess you can say you made this recipe ""your own."" LOL!!!

Contributor

I get some great recipes on allrecipes.com. Make sure you read the recipe reviews because folks give great ideas for substitutions and adjusted cooking times for slow cooker, etc.
Respected Contributor

Call me crazy, I don't care. I've used Bush's Chili Magic in the can for years. In fact, I have a pot cooking on the stove RIGHT NOW.

I do not go by the recipe on the can. I don't like a lot of meat in my chili. The can calls for one pound ground beef browned with one onion. Then you add one can of chopped tomatoes and the can of Chili Magic. My recipe is one pound ground beef (or maybe 1-1/4 pound) browned with the onion. Then I add two cans chopped tomatoes (fire roasted is good!) and two cans Chili Magic. The Chili Magic says to heat up everything for 10 minutes or so then serve. NO WAY!!! I simmer this for a good hour and a half to two hours. I want those tomatoes to break down really well. Since I simmer it so long, I do add in a good bit of water at the start. I taste it at the end and typically add in some Tabasco for more heat, a smidge of sugar if needed, and salt, garlic salt, and pepper to my taste. There are two flavors of the Chili Magic. One is Traditional, mild, and the other is Texas which is a little spicier. I like to use one can of each, but now I can't find the Texas flavor anymore in my store. Bummer.

This might not be the recipe you would use to win a chili cook off, but for an easy meal at home with little fuss, it's darn good. BTW, this Chili Magic has beans in it. If you don't like beans in you chili, then this is not for you.