Respected Contributor

David Venable's first cookbook

Just picked it up on sale at Barnes and Noble foe $6.99 in clearance section...Charlotte,NC.
Super Contributor

Re: David Venable's first cookbook

Way to go! I got it for $1.00 at a garage sale this past weekend.
Respected Contributor

On 10/14/2014 LadyBug77 said: Way to go! I got it for $1.00 at a garage sale this past weekend.
lol...and I thought I got a deal. What will u try first??
Trusted Contributor

It's also at Tuesday Morning for, I think, $6.

Honored Contributor

Sounds about right to be able to find a cookbook that's several years old for $5ish or less. Except for a few classics, that seems to happen often. It's well worth waiting unless you're truly committed.

I just culled my cookbook collection recently and sold a few I'd received as gifts for $1. I know people really mean well when they buy gifts, but I have very minimal space for either cooking or cookbooks, so I don't keep even my own choices for more than a few years.

At one time I had a large collection of cookbooks, but now the library and the Internet are my cooking friends. I still love to read recipes though.

Super Contributor

nice price.

Contributor

Lost mine in a fire Was happy to find it at B n N at a great price
Respected Contributor

I just thought in case anyone was interested....
Super Contributor

On 10/14/2014 birkin baby said:
On 10/14/2014 LadyBug77 said: Way to go! I got it for $1.00 at a garage sale this past weekend.
lol...and I thought I got a deal. What will u try first??
I bought it for my sweet neighbor. She loves David and his kitchen shows. I did thumb thru the book before I gave it to her. There are many delicious looking recipes. But my husband and I have a big trip planned for the Christmas holidays so I am watching what I eat. I want to be able to fit in my new winter clothes I bought for the trip. And also I plan to eat my weight in pasta when we get to Italy! LOL
Respected Contributor

I saw the first book at a book sale recently and thumbed through. I don't think I've ever seen a cookbook before with so many photos of the "writer" where there should have been pix of the food. For that reason alone, I would not buy either book.

And so I have a question - does anyone know of another cookbook which incorporates so many photos of the "writer" where photos of the food could (and should) have been shown? The only possible exception I can think of is would be those of Paula Deen, but I don't have any to check out. I've looked through the books I have and none of them have (or need) photos of the "cook".