Occasional Contributor

Got an email about the New Ninja 4 in 1 cooker TSV coming up

I can't figure out the difference between the old 3 in 1 cooker and the new 4 in 1

Can someone help me?

Thanks

Occasional Contributor

Amazing what a breakfast and a shower will do

Answer my own question

It now includes a steamer function.

Frequent Contributor

Can you give me the details? Price, size, etc? I can't find my email for it and I actually just broke our crock pot this past week and need a replacement. Can't decide if I should wait for this one?

Respected Contributor
The steamer function is nothing new: it was there from the beginning. I love it for chicken: you brown the chicken in the Ninja, then put it on the roasting rack and pour some broth in and steam roast: I have never done a beef roast in in, but I am sure it would be delicious. I am not impressed with it when it comes to using it as a slow cooker or crock pot. I tried it following their directions, and the results were not the same. There is a hole in the lid to let steam escape, and people have said they plugged it, but I can just imagine the mess. Steam baking is amazing-and it's true, you use half the fat that you normally would. Poodlepet
Super Contributor

You have to go thru e mail to get tsv price of 129.00 on 4 ez pays. You could call customer service to get that price. Item number K41333

Valued Contributor
On 9/29/2014 Poodlepet said: The steamer function is nothing new: it was there from the beginning. I love it for chicken: you brown the chicken in the Ninja, then put it on the roasting rack and pour some broth in and steam roast: I have never done a beef roast in in, but I am sure it would be delicious. I am not impressed with it when it comes to using it as a slow cooker or crock pot. I tried it following their directions, and the results were not the same. There is a hole in the lid to let steam escape, and people have said they plugged it, but I can just imagine the mess. Steam baking is amazing-and it's true, you use half the fat that you normally would. Poodlepet

EXACTLY what I thought about the steamer function when I got the pre-order email. I am very curious to see the presentation.

Trusted Contributor

I think that they are now counting the browning as a function, where they didn't before. And are they adding a carrying case?

Valued Contributor

It appears that the steaming function is what they consider to be new. From the pre-order email: "This one unit does the jobs of your oven, stovetop, slow cooker--and now, your steamer!" Yes -- there is a "travel bag" now included.

Respected Contributor
I don't know what they are talking about: the Browning ability was always there as well. It's been awhile since I got mine, but it came with a small loaf pan, a small square pan, a steaming/roasting rack and mitts...I don't remember if it came with the device for piercing meat to remove it. I didn't get a case... I want to see this presentation. Poodlepet
Respected Contributor

I totally missed that they ""added"" that. Imagine that!