Respected Contributor

Just found this recipe, thought I'd share it with you...Looks easy to make when you don't have too much time for baking.

(Only Problem...it did Not state the size of the Loaf-Pan...Guessing maybe a standard or 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches)???

Apple Bread

/></p> <p><strong>Ingredients:<br/></strong></p> <ul> <li>1 cup sugar</li> <li>½ cup butter, softened</li> <li>2 eggs</li> <li>2 tablespoons sour cream</li> <li>2 cups flour</li> <li>1 tsp. baking soda</li> <li>1 tsp. salt</li> <li>1 tsp. vanilla</li> <li>2 cups apples, peeled and finely chopped (Any)</li> </ul> <p><strong>Topping ingredients:<br/></strong></p> <ul> <li>4 tablespoons butter, softened</li> <li>4 tablespoons sugar</li> <li>4 tablespoons flour</li> <li>2 tsp. cinnamon</li> </ul> <p><strong>Directions:<br/></strong>Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream sugar and butter, blend in eggs and sour cream. Add flour, soda and salt, mix well. Blend in vanilla. Stir in the apples. Spread in the bottom of a greased loaf pan.</p> <p>Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over the batter. Bake for 1 hour</p>

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~
Respected Contributor

I have two sizes of bread or loaf pans - 8-1/2 X 4-1/2 inches (holds 6 cups) and 9 X 5 inches (holds 8 cups).

I found the capacity for those two types of pans from the website Joy of Baking.

In this case, if I had a choice, I would use a 9 X 5 pan. The ingredients when added up come very close to 6 cups. Plus there's a topping.

I always use my 9 X 5 pan if there are a lot of add-ins or I wonder if the recipe will fit.

That's just my take on it. It could be that either size pan will work.

Respected Contributor
On 9/26/2014 peachesncream said:

I have two sizes of bread or loaf pans - 8-1/2 X 4-1/2 inches (holds 6 cups) and 9 X 5 inches (holds 8 cups).

I found the capacity for those two types of pans from the website Joy of Baking.

In this case, if I had a choice, I would use a 9 X 5 pan. The ingredients when added up come very close to 6 cups. Plus there's a topping.

I always use my 9 X 5 pan if there are a lot of add-ins or I wonder if the recipe will fit.

That's just my take on it. It could be that either size pan will work.

Hi peachesncream...Thank You so much for the info on the loaf-pan size to use. I will try the 9 X 5 Loaf-pan.

Honored Contributor
Yum...perfect for this time of year! Thanks for posting the recipe. And, also thanks to peachesncream for pan information.
Super Contributor

Looks like a yummy recipe! Thanks for sharing!

Valued Contributor

Sounds yummy, may have to make this over the weekend and bring in to work to share.

Contributor

Hi

Just wanted to let you know that I made this Apple Bread

today and it is awesome.

It is so easy to make.

I was wondering how it would be with some nuts in it and

my dear husband said IT IS GOOD JUST LIKE IT IS ~ so guess

I better leave it alone.

Will make this again ~ again ~ and again.

Thanks so much for sharing.

Schultzi

Contributor

Hi

Just wanted to let you know that I made this Apple Bread

today and it is awesome.

It is so easy to make.

I was wondering how it would be with some nuts in it and

my dear husband said IT IS GOOD JUST LIKE IT IS ~ so guess

I better leave it alone.

Will make this again ~ again ~ and again.

Thanks so much for sharing.

Schultzi

Honored Contributor
Could the sugar be cut in half?my husband needs to restrict sugar in his diet
Respected Contributor
On 9/26/2014 dex said: Could the sugar be cut in half?my husband needs to restrict sugar in his diet

Hi dex...You could start with Cutting no more than a quarter of the sugar. When cutting back on sugar in baking, since sugar does more than sweeten foods. It provides bulk and texture, helps baked goods brown and keeps them fresh longer. Baked goods made with less sugar or with sugar substitutes can be dense and rubbery and may not brown. Hope this helps!