Frequent Contributor

Just for Fun/Other uses for a waffle iron.

I haven't been on for ages and enjoyed reading some of the posts today. Made me remember the ideas listed below that might have already been on here, but since I haven't been, here it is just in case it's new to you. I think these ideas sound like fun and so easy to do. Enjoy. If anyone has done any of these things or ideas of your own using a waffle iron, maybe you will share your experiences. Have a wonderful and blessed Sunday.

pizza waffles th
<h1>8 Ways to Cook Creatively with a Waffle Iron</h1>
By Katherine on November 8, 2011

/>You love waffles. Waking up to a batch of crisp, warm <a rel=waffles in the morning is the start of your ideal Sunday morning! That’s why you bought the waffle iron, after all. You go on a waffle-making splurge, enjoyingBelgian waffles for breakfast, ham and cheese waffle sandwiches for lunch, and chicken and waffles for dinner. Then, after a while, you just don’t feel like waffles anymore, and that sad little machine collects dust for the next century.

But there’s more you can do with your waffle iron than just make waffles! Really, the only limit is your own creativity, but if you need a place to start, here are a few great ideas for making this awesome gadget a regular part of your kitchen routine.

Baked Sweets
If you can cook waffle batter all the way through, you can cook other kinds of batter too! Try using yours to whip up brownies, cookies, and all kinds of other goodies.

/></a> <h3>Chocolate Waffle Cookies</h3> </div> </div> <p> </p> <div> <div style=/></a> <h3>Waffle Iron Brownies</h3> </div> </div> <p> </p> <p><strong>Crispy Cornbread</strong><br/> If you’re feeling like something savory, how about whipping up a batch of cornbread batter and popping it into the waffle iron? You can enjoy a delicious single-serving of <a rel=cornbread with a drizzle of honey or with a heaping bowl of chili any time of day.

/></a> <h3>Cornbread Waffles</h3> </div> </div> <p> </p> <p><strong>Falafel Waffles</strong><br/> Cooking falafels in a waffle iron is an easy, fun way to get that great falafel crisp (and there’s even more of it to love!)  Grab a great <a rel=hummus or cucumber dip at the store (or make your own), and it’s sure to be a treat!

/></a> <h3>Falafel Waffles</h3> </div> </div> <p> </p> <p><strong>French Toast</strong><br/> If you’re hankering for breakfast food and keep waffling between what kinds you want, how about enjoying a nice fusion between some classics? With waffled <a rel=french toast, you can enjoy the crispy look and feel of waffles, with the sweet custard goodness of french toast.

/></a> <h3>Waffle Iron French Toast</h3> </div> </div> <p> </p> <p><strong>Hash Browns</strong><br/> You can make awesome, crispy <a rel=hash browns in a snap with a waffle iron! Feel free to add your favorite extras – a little cayenne, green onions, or cheddar cheese are just a few easy, delicious options to choose from.

/></a> <h3>Waffled Hash Browns</h3> </div> </div> <p> </p> <p><strong>Pizza</strong><br/> You can use a waffle iron to heat up leftover pizza, or you can make a delicious waffle <a rel=pizza from scratch! Whether you just want to make a yummy recipe for crust and enjoy it dipped in marinara or embed your waffles with fresh mozzarella and pepperonis, these pizzas are definitely a fun way to re-purpose your waffle iron!

/></a> <h3>Pizza Waffles</h3> </div> </div> <p> </p> <p><strong>Toasted Sandwiches</strong><br/> You can use a waffle iron close to how you would use a grill! It’s great for making yummy grilled cheese sandwiches, hamburgers, paninis – even <a rel=quesadillas and grilled burritos.

/></a> <h3>Waffle Iron Reuben</h3> </div> </div> </div> </div>
Honored Contributor

Re: Just for Fun/Other uses for a waffle iron.

i have done grilled cheese sandwiches in the waffle iron AND i have done canned cinnamon buns in the waffle iron.

i like the idea of the hash browns and the cornbread!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

The falafel idea is brilliant lol

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Frequent Contributor

I'm thinking of flour tortillas filled with all kinds of goodies and topping with another tortilla and then ""bake"". Lots of uses I think. Hope others have some good ideas too. I will surely print them off for later use. How about cinnamon toast? Just butter a piece of bread and put the sugar and cinnamon on top and ""bake""? Guess I won't know until I try. Love the ideas you have posted.

Super Contributor

My mom used to take ordinary white bread and butter it on both sides, then place it in the waffle iron. OMG...it tastes and smells wonderful and has a nice crispy, buttery texture. Simple yet yummy! Reva

Trusted Contributor

I love these "waffle" ideas and will try some of them. The "waffle brownies", "waffle cornbread", and toasted "waffle sandwiches" sound especially yummy to me! Thanks for sharing.

Respected Contributor

My mom likes to mix up Jiffy Cornbread mix and put it in the waffle iron to cook.

Honored Contributor

Yum............. Thank you so much! I'm going to 'save' this thread!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

p.s. In addition to these fantastic ideas, O/P............Rachael Ray Show (TV) sometimes has a week of waffle iron cooking. Interested folks can Web search her official site.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

These recipes and photographs seem to be from Daniel Shumski's book, "Will It Waffle?" Poodlepet