Contributor

First pressure cooker meal - success!

I put in a bag if sauerkraut, 2 packages of bone in spare ribs, a packet if onion soup mix, and jar of pork gravy. I used the beef setting which is 28 minutes. Came out great! Next time I'll use boneless ribs so I don't have to deal with the bones. Would be great over mashed potatoes or egg noodles.
Valued Contributor

Re: First pressure cooker meal - success!

After doing pork and kraut in the pressure cooker, I will never do it any other way. I just brown my ribs salted and peppered, throw in the bottom with a chopped up onion and then add the kraut on top (I prefer the Bavarian Kraut). A cup or so of water and cook for about 45 min. (I err on the side of over cooked LOL) LOVE over mashed taters!!

Honored Contributor

Congratulations! Isn't pressure cooking fun? You definitely had a success! Believe it or not, I've never made pork and sauerkraut in the p.c. I will definitely try it. (Another easy recipe for ribs is to put them in with a bottle of barbecue sauce - it's Bob Warden's recipe, and my family loves them that way!) Smile

Contributor

Definitely going to try the ribs with BBQ sauce next, do you cook them for the 28 minutes or leave them in longer?
Contributor

Definitely going to try the ribs with BBQ sauce next, do you cook them for the 28 minutes or leave them in longer?
Respected Contributor

What is the Best pressure cooker?
Honored Contributor

On 9/19/2014 mom of sisters said: Definitely going to try the ribs with BBQ sauce next, do you cook them for the 28 minutes or leave them in longer?

His recipe calls for putting 1/2 c. water in the bottom of the cooker first, then adding 3 lbs. ribs. Lean them against the side, standing them upright. I pour the bottle of sauce over them (we like Sweet Baby Ray's Original, but I've used others). He also says to add 4 Tbsp. tomato paste (I don't). Cook on high for 20 minutes, then do a quick release. So good! Smile

Honored Contributor

On 9/19/2014 Justice4all said: What is the Best pressure cooker?

There are many good ones, depending on what you want. I didn't get mine at QVC - it's a Cuisinart. If I were getting one now, I probably would get Emeril's that is sold here, but mine is great too. Smile

Honored Contributor

The trouble with barbecued ribs is that the sauce gets too watered-down and doesn't even resemble what came out of the bottle. Does anyone have a solution for this?
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

On 9/19/2014 Justice4all said: What is the Best pressure cooker?
Truthfully they're all about the same, and the stove-top models are excellent too.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment