Frequent Contributor

Did anyone order the Temptations Pumpkin? Spice or White? I gave in and ordered it in the spice. I won't bake in it, but can see using it for Halloween candy maybe. I liked Jill's idea about using it as a small punch bowl.

Honored Contributor

it was cute! i would have bought it but i bought a sage green pumpkin tureen last year from williams sonoma. i have used it for everything from soup to mashed potatoes to salads to candies. hope you love it!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I purchased both of them last year. I love them both, and couldn't decide. I have used it to serve soup, but mostly so far, have used them as home decor pieces.

They are part of the Verona pattern, and I hope more pieces from this line come out. I also got the divided servers, and they are very nice too. I know there were some bakers in the past, but I wasn't into the pattern yet, and didn't get those. I think some covered bakers and some more open ones would be great. This pattern in the cream color goes well as a nice solid anchor for the Floral Lace pieces. I like to mix solids with FL, and the various cream color solids in this line go so well with it.

Valued Contributor
On 9/17/2014 Nicnacsmommy said:

Did anyone order the Temptations Pumpkin? Spice or White? I gave in and ordered it in the spice. I won't bake in it, but can see using it for Halloween candy maybe. I liked Jill's idea about using it as a small punch bowl.

I almost ordered the punch bowl but decided it wasn't what I "had to have" right now as I'm holding off from buying anymore Temp-tations. I have more than enough sets to do me for a while. I leaned more to the "cream" colored one than the Spice but both looked great! The "bonus" with this set is the platter that comes with it! You can use it as an appetizer tray along side the bowl. I love the way Tara designs her products to be used in multiple ways!! I liked this Verona set even though it is a solid color but it has the detailed design that sets it apart from the boring solid color more of a two-tone effect or "antique" looking, IMO.

Honored Contributor

I think it was too expensive for what it is. I have seen similar tureens for less money & better quality.

I collect pumpkins, and while this LOOKED nice, I have no doubt it would chip or break easily like all the recent TT pieces do.

Honored Contributor

nicnacsmommy let us know how you like it!

i thought that it was an excellent price.

the one i bought from williams sonoma last year was 2x more than this one and doesnt have the bottom tray.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Frequent Contributor

My pumpkin is out for delivery. It's nice to live in the same state as the warehouse! Looking forward to getting it.

Valued Contributor

good to hear Nicnacsmommy! Let us know when you receive it and what you think about it!

Super Contributor

Its cute! I love the Big Ear of Corn bowl. So awesome and everybody that comes to my home remarks how beautiful and unique it is!

Valued Contributor

hi champagnepoodle, lots of TT lovers are getting the Big Ear of Corn Bowl along with the Pumpkin Bowl! Tara and if she has anyone is helping her with her designs is doing a great job! Many TT lovers are getting some pieces just for decoration and never intend to use it for baking/serving in!