Honored Contributor

I found something new at the grocery store today

DH asked me to make taco casserole. The recipe I have uses crescent rolls as the crust. When I went to buy crescent rolls I found they now have something called crescents for recipes. No seams. Just a roll of dough. So you no longer have to press the seams together when you don't want to make the rolls - just unroll and cut to size. Thank you Pillsbury.

Valued Contributor

Re: I found something new at the grocery store today

very nice. I have not made it in a while but I used to make a cold vegetable pizza with the crescent rolls.

Respected Contributor

Woo-hoo! This will be perfect for my breakfast casserole recipe that uses crescent rolls as the crust. Thanks for the heads up.

::: thinking of other uses :::

Denise
Respected Contributor

That's great to know. I have a Pillsbury Bake-Off recipe that uses the crescent rolls as a crust in a 9"" x 13"" pan.

Valued Contributor

These have been out for a year or two in my area. Never used them yet! I forget to look for these when I grab a roll of crescents at the store, thanks for the reminder!

Honored Contributor

Wow , i put it into my TT gingham casserole dish and it fit perfectly. Those TT dishes are always so oddly sized - who would have thought it would be a perfect fit?

Honored Contributor

On 9/16/2014 itsmagic said:

That's great to know. I have a Pillsbury Bake-Off recipe that uses the crescent rolls as a crust in a 9"" x 13"" pan.

You will need 2 packages for a dish that large.

Honored Contributor

On 9/16/2014 rhinovodka said:

very nice. I have not made it in a while but I used to make a cold vegetable pizza with the crescent rolls.

I haven't made this in YEARS! It was always good.

Trusted Contributor

Never mind the crescents, I want the recipe for taco casserole!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I use the low fat perforated Pillsbury crescent rolls as the top crust on chicken pot pie. Very easy.

Respected Contributor

Thanks, hope they have them in my area.