Respected Contributor

Favorite recipe for chicken breasts?

I'm so bored with mine.

Any casserole, marinade, any method of preparing (slow or pressure cooker, chunks, shredded, etc.) would be appreciated! Extra points if served over rice. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Favorite recipe for chicken breasts?

My favourite is marinated breasts from the meat market. They have like ten different kinds. Just had mystique the other day.
Respected Contributor

On 9/16/2014 ccassaday said: My favourite is marinated breasts from the meat market. They have like ten different kinds. Just had mystique the other day.

What's a meat market? {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Seriously, I live in a backwater retirement community where the closest meat market is called (I kid you not) "Quality Discount Meats". First time I ever saw chicken feet for sale.{#emotions_dlg.scared} It's an hour trip to Fresh Market, otherwise I'd go there more often.

I think everyone around here eats out.

Denise
Trusted Contributor

We like pizza chicken....pound breasts, mix mozzarella with a little sauce,some Italian seasonings, stuff,and bake. Easy peasy. We also like the Hellman's chicken recipe,but modified,using Greek yogurt mixed with lemon mayo. Topped with onion flakes and whatever else looks/sounds good. I always experiment with this one. Good question....curious to see what else is suggested. Chicken can get boring.
Esteemed Contributor

On 9/16/2014 denisemb said:
On 9/16/2014 ccassaday said: My favourite is marinated breasts from the meat market. They have like ten different kinds. Just had mystique the other day.

What's a meat market? {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Seriously, I live in a backwater retirement community where the closest meat market is called (I kid you not) "Quality Discount Meats". First time I ever saw chicken feet for sale.{#emotions_dlg.scared} It's an hour trip to Fresh Market, otherwise I'd go there more often.

Lol. That's funny. Ours has nothing but fresh quality meats. I like it because you can get the size of meat you need. So much better then the grocery store.
Esteemed Contributor

On 9/16/2014 denisemb said:

What is your nearest city?

Respected Contributor

On 9/16/2014 Zhills said:

What is your nearest city?

I'm in Ocala, so maybe 45 min from Gainesville and 90 from Orlando. We've checked out butchers in Dunnellon and Belleview, but they were nothing to write home about. Smiley Wink

I admit it, I'm spoiled from living "up north" where there were a half dozen good butchers/vegetable markets within a 5 mile radius.

Denise
Respected Contributor

We just tried this one, and it was quite successful:

Tequila Lime Chicken

4 limes

1 cup tequila

1/4 cup olive oil

2 teaspoons kosher salt

5 cloves garlic

1 jalapeno, sliced

1/2 bunch chopped cilantro (optional)

12 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese

Options for serving: corn or flour tortillas; more cheese; pico de gallo, slices of jalapeno, lime, avocado, sour cream

Into a large Ziploc: lime juice, tequila, olive oil, salt, garlic, jalapenos, cilantro. Add chicken to the bag, let marinate 4 hours or overnight.

Grill chicken over medium high heat.

Melt cheese over top of chicken. Slice. Any sides of your choice. I served with Mexican rice, flavored with Hatch chilies.

Mexican Rice II found at: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Mexican-Rice-II/Detail.aspx

My personal favorite chicken dish, though, is BeBe2's Baked Chicken Mexican Style.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Occasional Contributor

FROZEN CHICKEN BREASTS in CROCKPOT

2 frozen chicken breasts with 1/2 cup water in bottom of crockpot

1 can cream of mushroom soup (I use the campbells healthy request)

1 can cream of chicken soup

2 cans mushroom pieces

Mix all the the soups and mushrooms together and pour over chicken

Cook in crockpot for 5 hours on high or 7-8 hours on low.

Serve over frozen bagged rice.

Super Yummy...super easy! Chicken falls apart with fork.

I make this almost every Sunday so it is done when we get home from church. I love that you don't have to defrost chicken first.

Super Contributor

I love chicken but get tired of the same boring baked chicken breasts. I have several recipes I like to use that are easy, pretty healthy, and make a nice change.

EASY CHICKEN DIVAN:

2 - 10 oz. packages of frozen broccoli (fresh broccoli can be used but cook until tender first)

2 cups sliced cooked chicken or turkey OR 3 whole chicken breasts cooked and boned OR 4 boneless chicken breasts, cooked (could also use rotisserie chicken sliced or shredded)

2 cans cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup (I used one of each)

1 cup mayonnaise or Miracle Whip (could substitute plain Greek yogurt)

1 tsp lemon juice

1/2 tsp curry powder

S&P to taste

1/2 cup sharp cheese, shredded

1/2 cup bread crumbs

Cook broccoli until just tender and drain. Melt 1 Tbsp butter in a 9x13 casserole or grease casserole dish. Arrange broccoli in casserole dish and place chicken on top. Combine soup, mayo, lemon juice, and seasonings and pour over broccoli and chicken. Sprinkle with cheese and bread crumbs. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes until bubbly. This may be made in the morning and baked just before serving. Serve with buttered rice or wild rice or buttered noodles.

CHICKEN WITH TOMATO AND OLIVES:

1 whole chicken (approx. 2 1/2 lbs.) or equivalent amount of chicken breasts and/or thighs with skin on

1 small can of tomato puree

2 cups of chicken or vegetable stock

4 oz. black olives, pitted (can use more to preference)

1 large green pepper, finely chopped

1 garlic clove, crushed

2 medium onions, chopped

flour

S&P

oil to brown chicken and onion

Joint chicken into pieces, dip in seasoned flour. Brown chicken pieces quickly in oil, drain and set aside. Finely chop onions, saute until just cooked in the oil, drain. Place chicken and onions in large casserole dish. Dissolve tomato puree in the chicken stock, pour over chicken and onions. Add crushed garlic and olives to casserole. Cook uncovered in 375 degree oven for 1 hour. After first 1/2 hour add the chopped green pepper and continue cooking. Adjust seasoning and thickness of sauce to taste. Serve with boiled rice or wild rice and a green salad.

This is one of my favorite chicken recipes. It is flavorful, only takes about 25 minutes to make, and is a delicious and impressive meal.

PEPPERCORN CHICKEN BREASTS:

4 large chicken breasts, skinned and boned

1 Tbsp crushed whole pink, green or Szechwan peppercorns

2 tsp butter

1/2 cup dry sherry OR orange juice

1/2 cup whipping cream

1/2 tsp tarragon leaves

Place chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap. Pound with flat edge of mallet to about 1/4 inch thickness. Sprinkle with peppercorns.

Heat heavy nonstick skillet. Add butter and chicken. Cook, turning once, until chicken is done, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken and keep warm.

Increase heat to high. Add sherry or orange juice to pan and whisk in the cream and tarragon. Boil, stirring, until sauce is glossy, thickened and reduced to about half the original volume.

Spoon sauce over chicken and serve. Good served with steamed vegetables, rice pilaf, hot savory muffins or cornbread.

Serves 4

Calories...321 per serving

Protein...41 g. per serving

Carbohydrates...3 g. per serving

Sodium...147 mg. per serving

Fat...15 g. per serving

Cholesterol...147 mg. per serving