Contributor

I had a piece of cake with this "title" recently, and it was delicious. Not too sweet, great lemon flavor, moist, shaped like it was baked in a loaf pan. I was hoping some of you might have a tried and true recipe for something similar. I know I can search for these recipes, but I'm not a good enough cook yet to realize if there are errors, etc. I'd really like to try to make this cake and would appreciate any comments/suggestions/recipes you care to offer. Thanks in advance. I learn so much from this board and have saved numerous recipes to try later. Thanks to all who participate here.

Super Contributor

Nothing similar, I just make Ina Garten's Lemon Yogurt Cake. It's a go-to recipe in our house - we are all lemon lovers. Don't skip the lemon juice/sugar glaze - it's what makes it special.

Honored Contributor
On 9/15/2014 Jayro said:

Nothing similar, I just make Ina Garten's Lemon Yogurt Cake. It's a go-to recipe in our house - we are all lemon lovers. Don't skip the lemon juice/sugar glaze - it's what makes it special.

Thanks for posting it looks & sounds yummy.

Smile

Super Contributor

Follow the directions about whisking the wet together, then whisking in the dry slowly and only until blended, and then gently folding in the oil with a rubber spatula. It will turn out tough if you do it otherwise. We like it best with just the first lemon juice/sugar glaze put on the hot cake. I skip the final confectioner's sugar/lemon juice glaze because we don't like the confectioner's sugar flavor.

Honored Contributor
On 9/15/2014 Jayro said:

Follow the directions about whisking the wet together, then whisking in the dry slowly and only until blended, and then gently folding in the oil with a rubber spatula. It will turn out tough if you do it otherwise. We like it best with just the first lemon juice/sugar glaze put on the hot cake. I skip the final confectioner's sugar/lemon juice glaze because we don't like the confectioner's sugar flavor.

Thanks. Kind of like pecan pies that don't turn out if you mix to fast & get air in them & they foam. Not good. I did that once when I was younger & did not know why my pies did not turn out. I was in a hurry & had the mixer on high. Best to mix on low or hand mix. LOL!!!

Trusted Contributor

Lemon yogurt cake is something a lot of french women will make at home for "le weekend". This is Dorie Greenspan's recipe from Baking from my Home to Yours. The book is full of wonderful recipes and she has a new one out next month.

In France, all the ingredients are measured with the yogurt container. Fast, easy, delicious!

http://dinersjournal.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/08/19/the-bakers-apprentice-french-yogurt-cake/?_php=tru...

Super Contributor
On 9/15/2014 pas4116 said:

Lemon yogurt cake is something a lot of french women will make at home for "le weekend". This is Dorie Greenspan's recipe from Baking from my Home to Yours. The book is full of wonderful recipes and she has a new one out next month.

In France, all the ingredients are measured with the yogurt container. Fast, easy, delicious!

http://dinersjournal.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/08/19/the-bakers-apprentice-french-yogurt-cake/?_php=tru...

I'm a Dorie reader and follower, as well. Love her website and love it when she's on The Splendid Table.

Frequent Contributor

I vote for Dorie's recipe, too. I have made it many times and am never disappointed.

Esteemed Contributor

I went to the links and got both recipes - I love lemon cake! Now I just have to figure out which to try first. Thanks for posting those!

Trusted Contributor
I've made Ina's recipe many times and it is excellent. I use it as a base when I want to make a raspberry lemon trifle too.