Esteemed Contributor

He decides this after the last box of donuts he bought. As in the past, I will be the one to do all the work, and he will end up at 5 Guys with his buddies, getting a Super Sized Stack of Something.

This time, I'm not making any changes. I already make healthy meals with lean meats, colorful veggies, and whole grains. He drowns them in Ranch or eats 2 or 3 servings in one sitting. I buy fresh fruit, he buys donuts.

I'm not making any changes.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Super Contributor

After all that, what makes you think he's on a diet?

Super Contributor

Hoony, let his pants out OR take them IN!! good luck, hang in there.

Esteemed Contributor
On 9/2/2014 BigOrangeKitty said:

After all that, what makes you think he's on a diet?

He bought a scale and is weighing himself 3-4 times a day.

He is using an app that tells him he needs more vegetable (an app, really?!)

He is drinking water because soda has empty calories (another deja vu)

Carbs are the enemy (jeez)

Need I go on?

Esteemed Contributor
On 9/2/2014 misspammie said:

Hoony, let his pants out OR take them IN!! good luck, hang in there.

I would take him seriously if he made an actual effort and stuck to it. I'm not buying anything different, I'm not cooking anything different, nothing.

Honored Contributor

DH just started counting calories. He could not believe how many calories are in the food he is eating. He figured by the time he eats breakfast, lunch & dinner he cannot eat anything else. He said he guessed he would have to stop eating lunch so he could still drink his beer or whiskey with jerky or cashews every night. The other night he came home with a double pound cheeseburger with medium order of fries & I had the small burger with small fries. He said how many calories is in this. I said more then you think. We hardly ever eat out fast food so him eating that does not happen often. If it had not been so late I would have made burgers on the grill but he had to work late. We don't have a 5 Guys here. Have ate there twice different times when we were in Fl. They have some greasy burgers. Good Luck to you & your DH. Maybe he will really change. If you cook healthy that should help unless he's not eating your cooking.

Esteemed Contributor

Nightowl, I'm trying to undo the nutritional habits his mother instilled in him.

He will take one look at a meal I prepare and other drown it in ranch or butter or he will go out for fast food.

He was at his MD for a check up last year. He picked up a kid's pamphlet on healthy eating and had an epiphany: this is how my wife cooks! A month later; hot dogs every day.

That's why I'm not making any changes.

We have a Five Guys here. It's across from work. I haven't eaten there yet. One day, when I want to splurge!

Respected Contributor

Give him an 8"" salad plate and tell him he only gets one helping. LOL

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Esteemed Contributor

Debc, we use the smaller plates. I have tried every trick barring locking the fridge.

I'm going to ride this out like I always do, and complain to you all.

He eats like an unsupervised 14 year old boy.

Esteemed Contributor
This is kind of funny my mom goes through this with my dad. He gets these fad diet plans and he loses weight but because it's not normal healthy eating he puts it right back on. He lost seventy pounds and put it right back on. He doesn't do what yours does,and does eat what she cooks