Super Contributor

The NEW Keurig with carafe...

Please check online reviews before you buy. Apparently you can only use K-cups with this machine. I was shocked that the price is only $119. in a big discount store, while the old version is $149.

After reading the reviews, many are disappointed because they can't use brands of cups they have been liking. They say that it will only work with K-cups, which are usually more expensive. They can't brew some of their old faves.

So...caveat emptor...

Respected Contributor

Re: The NEW Keurig with carafe...

I watched the demonstration and she tells people that no less than 3 times. People are not listening apparently, or buying it on a whim without any research.

The more I research it, the more I'm interested. I'm guessing there will be a way to use your own coffee eventually, just like the vue.

When I got my first keurig in '07' keurig approved brands were all there was, and with this new one there's a lot more varieties than back then. I don't believe they had a my kcup back then either. That came later.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Esteemed Contributor

I find it interesting that they have now reverted back to the coffee pot (in essence) that they

originally sought to get us all away from with single k-cups. What's up with that

I guess they want all their bases covered

Respected Contributor

On 9/1/2014 MalteseMomma said:

I find it interesting that they have now reverted back to the coffee pot (in essence) that they

originally sought to get us all away from with single k-cups. What's up with that {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

I guess they want all their bases covered

It's a pretty little coffee pot. I'm assuming people asked for it so if someone comes over you don't have to brew so many cups in a row. It's obviously not designed for long term storage since it's plastic. It says it will keep it hot for 30 minutes, maybe if you put hot water in it first.

~~
Esteemed Contributor

Maltese, I love the fact that I can make a single cup of coffee and have a different flavor for my next cup. Even when I entertain, people get their individual cups instead of the community pot.

Kate, the Keurig 2.0 only takes Green Mountain/Keurig k-cups made after 7/2014! Both the regular k-cups and the larger ones to make the carafe.

Yes, a lot of people are very disappointed in the new Keurig.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

Keurig approved. There are a lot of companies on the bandwagon. Starbucks, Folgers, Tully's, Van Houtte, 8'oclock, Lipton, Green Mountain, Timothy's just to name a few. There's 8 pages on the keurig site.

It's getting a pretty good review on the single serve sites.

~~
Super Contributor

On 9/1/2014 HonnyBrown said:

Maltese, I love the fact that I can make a single cup of coffee and have a different flavor for my next cup. Even when I entertain, people get their individual cups instead of the community pot.

Kate, the Keurig 2.0 only takes Green Mountain/Keurig k-cups made after 7/2014! Both the regular k-cups and the larger ones to make the carafe.

Yes, a lot of people are very disappointed in the new Keurig.

I know! I wondered why is was cheaper than the old one in the store I was in. The reviews (not Q reviews, others online) were enlightening. People did not expect that to be the case.

I guess we are trained to listen to the positives that the vendor tells us (with enthusiasm). The only way you really know the truth about a product is to use yourself, I feel. I would expect any Keurig to work the way the others had, with maybe an added feature. This is a big change. My favorite coffee "pods" will not work in this one---glad I read the other reviews.

Valued Contributor

There is another thread, under the Coffee Talk title, that is addressing this issue, too. Lots of great info over there and people are weighing in on this change to patented K-Cups (or back to them.)

Super Contributor

On 9/1/2014 glmama said:

There is another thread, under the Coffee Talk title, that is addressing this issue, too. Lots of great info over there and people are weighing in on this change to patented K-Cups (or back to them.)

Thanks, glmama---AND...I just returned from Kohl's where I purchased the overpriced Keurig Descaling Solution ($12 online, $19. at store) and there was a stand labeled DISCONTINUED K-CUPS! And there were the Swiss Miss cups, the Starbuck's cups, the apple cider, the Donut House, etc...onsale and with the official Keurig stamp on the front.

YIKES. I am trying to descale this thing to get it to work---and I wonder if it will soon be obsolete.

Respected Contributor

SOlution...I said someone would figure it out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_ywWywmO7s

Target has the 2.0 for 119.....pretty good deal! Snap up some of those discontinued K-Cups while you are at it.