Trusted Contributor

Does anyone still use their WP pie maker?

Anyone still use their Wolfgang Puck pie maker? Or has it been relegated to the appliance graveyard? I was digging around in a drawer and found the manual to mine and as I was looking through it I saw a biscuit recipe.

The recipe made 2 biscuits, but I only wanted one so I halved the recipe and it came out really good. It was very easy. I should say that I don't like baking and I don't like working with dough, so I was pleased with the easy process and recipe. And I would make it again (that's always the true test!).

I also have the recipe book that was a separate purchase and I'll look through that next. I would like to figure out how to make one cupcake. I haven't used the pie maker in so long - it's been in my own appliance graveyard and when I pulled it out tonight I really enjoyed it. I hope everyone else is still using theirs!

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Respected Contributor

Re: Does anyone still use their WP pie maker?

bumping this up because I've been looking at the WP, the Breville, and a couple other models, trying to decide which one and how often would I use it.

Surprising how they vary in price. The WP offers deeper wells, or so they say.

Respected Contributor

Yup, mine's in the appliance graveyard.

Not that I'm saying it's a bad product or idea. It's just the "idea" of making only two small pies is enticing, but as I'm cooking for two, it's just as easy to make a whole chicken pot pie or fruit pie and have leftovers for a few days.

It does work well for biscuits, muffins, etc., but again...easier to make (i.e, Red Lobster cheese biscuits) for more than one person and reheating them. I imagine this product would be more suitable for a single person.

JMHO. Smile

Denise
Occasional Contributor

This was another one of my purchases that I thought I just had to have. LOL. There is nothing wrong with the pie maker, but I used it twice and put it away.

Trusted Contributor

I use mine a lot! I just moved across country and I was so happy to see it when I was unpacking. I make chicken pot pies a LOT, and sometimes a fruit pie. I love this little machine. I do like how deep it is, and I can usually get two meals from one pie.