Trusted Contributor

Has anyone used this to hard boil an egg? Does it work? Not having to bother with shells sounds good to me.

Thanks, Jamma

Honored Contributor

The reviews on Amazon look awful. You might considerK39370 - the egg cooker by Mark Charles Misilli. It's awesome! Easy to use and the shells come right off. Check out the reviews on that vs ""Eggies"". Good luck!

Respected Contributor

They're horrible. I tried about 3 times and tossed them.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

You could always get those silicone poachers, mostly they just steam but if you wanted them hard they'd be a lot easier to get out.

These looked the most reasonably priced.

http://www.amazon.com/Silicone-Egg-Poachers-Set-6/dp/B00303H9Y4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1409243567&sr...

~~
Super Contributor

not recommended..

Respected Contributor

I got these at Dollar Tree but have never used them. Based upon what everyone is saying, to the thrift shop they go! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Valued Contributor

Lol I just made egg salad from eggs in my cooker...the Best way to go

Respected Contributor

I use a Krups cooker. We had these in Germany and they are great for either soft or hard boiled. They make up to 7 at a time and can poach an egg in those little cups, but it's not REALLY a poached egg.

It comes with a measuring cup that has a needle to pierce the egg. I use it almost every day. My husband loved hard boiled eggs as a snack, and I liked soft boiled for breakfast.

I dunk my soft boiled eggs into cold water when done to stop the cooking and then sometimes I peel them and put them in a bowl with toast fingers. No shell! My mom used to do that as an alternative to putting the egg up in a shot glass!

Respected Contributor
On 8/28/2014 Campion said:

I use a Krups cooker. We had these in Germany and they are great for either soft or hard boiled. They make up to 7 at a time and can poach an egg in those little cups, but it's not REALLY a poached egg.

It comes with a measuring cup that has a needle to pierce the egg. I use it almost every day. My husband loved hard boiled eggs as a snack, and I liked soft boiled for breakfast.

I dunk my soft boiled eggs into cold water when done to stop the cooking and then sometimes I peel them and put them in a bowl with toast fingers. No shell! My mom used to do that as an alternative to putting the egg up in a shot glass!

That's the one I have. I really like it.

~~
Trusted Contributor
Thanks everyone I just tossed it out Jamma