2 cans Pork & Beans

1/3 cup catsup

2 teaspoons vinegar

1/2 cup white sugar

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup onion...diced small

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon mustard

Brown beef with bacon pieces and onion. Cook til beef is no longer pink and the onions are tender. Drain. Mix together catsup, sugars, mustard, vinegar and salt. Mix well. Stir in beans. Put into large casserole dish and bake at 350* for 45 minutes.

***My Notes***
You can also cook the bacon, beef and onion, then put everything in a large crockpot and cook on low for about 2 1/2 hours. Also... Fix according to your taste by adjusting the amount of mustard, vinegar and sugars you use. This recipe is always a hit and everytime I make it I get requests for the recipe. Great to fix for potlucks and BBQs.

Honored Contributor

I have a similar recipe, only it omits the white sugar and increases the brown to 3/4 cup. Yours has a little more beef and bacon, too. My recipe is called "Calico Beans", and I love them as well. My family has never been big on baked beans so I'd always make them for church potlucks or family gatherings, just so I could enjoy some myself. Otherwise, I wouldn't make them just for one or two of us at home.

Super Contributor

I make something similar, call it Tailgate Baked Beans. . . 1/2 lb. bacon

1 onion, diced

1 hot pepper, diced

1/2 cup brown sugar

2/3 cup catsup

1 T chili powder

1 t cumin powder

2 cans baked beans, drained

1 can chili bean

1 can butter beans, drained

1 can kidney beans, drained

2 cans green beans, drained

Brown bacon, drain & crumble. In remaining bacon fat, saute diced onion & pepper. Combine bacon, onion, pepper, bacon fat, catsup, sugar and spices. Place beans in large baking dish or slow cooker. Gently fold in the bacon mixture, combining well. Bake, covered, in 350 degree oven for 1 hour or cook on low for 3-4 hours in slow cooker. This recipe is one of my most requested favorites; it is especially good with BBQ menus!

Respected Contributor

copied all, all sound great and will add my friends

FOR THE BEST CROCKPOT BAKED BEANS:
This is mine from a good friend, hope you like it: It is so good and so easy, always turns out well. This must be a good 30 years old.

BILL'S BAKED BEANS

Soak one lb. of beans overnight-drain and cook well till soft;
In crockpot put beans and
1 cup of brown sugar
1 cup of molasses
1/2 lb. raw bacon
COOK ALL DAY
We prefer the large fordhook limas but use whatever you like best
Valued Contributor

I can say LBM are the best baked beans iv ever had EVER!!

Trusted Contributor

Britbrit...awww thank you sweetie...I grew up with these and couldn't have them often enough growing up!! LOL I use to make yummy corn dogs to make with them as that was one of my hiubbys favorites. He would request them often.

Honored Contributor

Next weekend I plan to grill up some bratwurst and hamburgers. Your recipe will be the perfect side dish to go with them. I want a lot of leftovers, so I'm going to use the larger size cans of pork and beans.