Respected Contributor

Anybody else having trouble getting on Food Network or The Cooking Channel web site?

I tried yesterday and today, won't come up.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Respected Contributor

Re: Anybody else having trouble getting on Food Network or The Cooking Channel web site?

The screen is blank and it just sorta blinks off and on.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anybody else having trouble getting on Food Network or The Cooking Channel web site?

I'm not having a problem with it. Maybe they were having 'issues' yesterday.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

I type in www.foodnetwork.com in the address box, then it changes to www.my.foodnetwork.com. FN never comes up, the blank screen just blinks.

Anybody have an idea as to what's wrong.

I can't get on the Cooking Channel either??

Honored Contributor

I just now tried and it came up for me.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

On 8/28/2014 Barbarainnc said:

I type in www.foodnetwork.com in the address box, then it changes to www.my.foodnetwork.com. FN never comes up, the blank screen just blinks.

Anybody have an idea as to what's wrong.

I can't get on the Cooking Channel either??

I believe it's a temporary problem with the browser trying to use a Java login item, and you're seeing attempted redirects to another area of the website. I did a quick search and it's been reported before (though not in the recent month or so) on the Food Network's Facebook page. Try a different browser, or try deleting cookies and cache and relaunch your current browser to see if that fixes the glitch. (If you're using browser addons/extensions that might be causing the problem.)

You might also report it to them -- on the Facebook posts they did say their tech folks would look into the problem each time it showed up.

(eta: The 2 websites are associated, so that probably explains why you've having the problem on both of them.)

hthSmile

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

I went to my cable people online and they took over the computer and fixed the problem!!!!

Contributor

Maybe it was your computer telling you it was giving you some time off from cooking LOL. The cable people spoiled it all for you.