Valued Contributor

I am so disappointed. My Foodsaver vacuum sealer arrived today and it is defective. The lock on the side of the machine just won't lock completely. That means I cannot remove the air from the bag. It will have to go back if customer service cannot tell me how to fix it.

Honored Contributor

Re: TSV Foodsaver Vacuum Sealer

Were you able to fix the lock handle? What a hassle to have to return it. Do they still have the color you ordered in stock? Hope mine is not defective. Hope the one I sent to my dad for Christmas is not defective either. I have the smaller V2222 I have been using & ordered this one since you can leave a roll in the machine & has a cutter & I won't have to keep getting out a roll. I just bought 10 packs of Kerry Gold Butter & cut them in half & sealed them to put in the freezer. The FS got hot so I had to let it cool.

Honored Contributor

I would call Foodsaver or email them (not QVC) and see if they can help you. I emailed them about something recently and they got back to me right away with an answer.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

Hi if you don't mind, I have to ask what color did you order please? only reason why I ask is because I ordered one, hope it is not defective. Sorry about your Food Saver,you would think there would be better quality control from the Company?

the way Jan the rep. braggs about it, like it will last forever like his VitaMix.

Tell the Q.V.C to pay for the return shipping and Good luck.

Respected Contributor

On 8/23/2014 TTownlady said:

Hi if you don't mind, I have to ask what color did you order please? only reason why I ask is because I ordered one, hope it is not defective. Sorry about your Food Saver,you would think there would be better quality control from the Company?

the way Jan the rep. braggs about it, like it will last forever like his VitaMix.

Tell the Q.V.C to pay for the return shipping and Good luck.

If it's defective they will pay for return shipping.

It happens with every products. They do last for a very long time. I've had 3 in over 20 years, and I upgraded for nicer units. Gave away the old ones.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Valued Contributor

I have an older model and have used it for years without problems. This one just wouldn't lock and so couldn't vacuum the air out. I am hoping to get a similar upright model but not this one.

Valued Contributor

On 8/24/2014 Nicecupoftea said:

I have an older model and have used it for years without problems. This one just wouldn't lock and so couldn't vacuum the air out. I am hoping to get a similar upright model but not this one.

So you are not exchanging for the same model?

I ordered it and it hasn't even shipped! I'm now concerned about this.

I went looking for an upright model recently and $140 seemed to be about the going price so the TSV was a pretty good deal. Not if it doesn't seal of course.

Frequent Contributor

Mine came and it works great my daughter 's came and hers doesnt work she just sent it back. We both got it in black

Also when you get yours and you might think it doesnt work make sure you press down hard on the handle on the side that has to be locked down in order for the machine to work.

Frequent Contributor

BUYER BEWARE! I have owned two Foodsavers in the past 12 years and have been very pleased w/them until they eventually stop removing the air. I was very excited to order the TSV. After struggling to remove the packaging (which was more than adequate) I immediately decided to test my new prize. After many, many attempts I realized it was not going to pump out the air. I am handicapped, can not drive and need to freeze much of the things I buy.

I want to advise anyone who made this purchase to check if it works before you stock up on food. I'm sure I'm not the only one who got a "bad" one. Mine is going back & I ordered a different one from Amazon.

Re{#emotions_dlg.angry}

Trusted Contributor

I ordered this too with the August 28th. ship date. After reading this I may just cancel my order. I too ordered in Black. I may just go with the one similar to this though must be newer since it sells on Foodsaver.com for199.00. The same one is at Bed Bath and Beyond is the same price though I can use a 20% off coupon. You also get 3 gifts with it.