Super Contributor

A couple weeks ago when I bought a box of 18 Kind Bars at Costco I was surprised with how expensive they were when they rang up at over $17.

Now I don't feel like I paid very much a all.

Valued Contributor

What a great deal!!! My local grocery store carries them and they are $1.39 per bar. When they are on sale, they are $1.25 each. That's when I stock up but you really got a fantastic deal. I can't believe they are over $2.00 a bar on the Q. What a rip-off but I guess, for people who do not have access to them locally, they are worth the price. Enjoy! docsgirl

Trusted Contributor
I pay $4.74 for a box of 4 at Walmart.
Honored Contributor

WalMart has kind bars at at a pretty good price, QVC is selling them for too much.

Valued Contributor

QVC is way out of line with Kind bars. Not to mention the last few times I bought some locally they seemed old or something. Not as good as they once were.

Respected Contributor

If you're interested in making your own, go to theyummylife.com. There's a recipe for a basic bar, plus ingredients lists & instructions for variations. I haven't tried it yet simply because it's too hot for baking right now. Once it starts cooling down, though, I'll give it a try.

In the meantime, I just watch for them to go on special at $1.25 each at my grocery store.

Esteemed Contributor
On 7/31/2014 docsgirl said:

What a great deal!!! My local grocery store carries them and they are $1.39 per bar. When they are on sale, they are $1.25 each. That's when I stock up but you really got a fantastic deal. I can't believe they are over $2.00 a bar on the Q. What a rip-off but I guess, for people who do not have access to them locally, they are worth the price. Enjoy! docsgirl

$1.39! Wow! In metro Chicago grocery stores, drugstores, Wal-mart and other places, the price starts at $1.59 per bar and go up to $2.75 per at some places. A lot of them don't even offer a good variety of flavors. As a result other than Whole Foods I usually end up ordering my KIND bars online. I don't mind ordering KIND from QVC when they have a flavor variety I know I can't get elsewhere such as the holiday package offered during Christmas in July. Reason being their price of $2.00 per bar is only slightly above average for my local area.

Super Contributor
They are making up for the shipping and handling included.
Honored Contributor

Is it possible that Q is offering an exclusive or hard to get variety of flavors in this line, and that could be why the price is higher as well? I only ever had Kind bars once, when we were in Wal-mart and hungry, we picked up a 4 pack that had blueberry in it. They were so yummy, and way better than I thought they'd be.

Contributor
Wow! I wanna go check out my Costco now! That's a great deal. I ordered the 18 pack here this week, but found them at Target for $4.99 for 4. I picked my flavors and promptly came home and canceled my order for the advanced sale pack Smiley Sad