Super Contributor
Is there a gadget/tool to remove corn off cob that works and easy to use? I have used a sharp knife and would like a simpler way to do this and less mess! Where to purchase and that you use and like. TIA
Valued Contributor

The only thing I have heard is to put the cob in the center of a angel food cake pan and cut away. Keeps the corn in the pan.

Contributor

I purchased a product, I believe from the Solutions Cat., that works very good at removing the corn off the cob.....works for me.....you might have to check other catalogs but that one is working.

Esteemed Contributor

I found one at Ross or Marshalls or Target. It was an adjustable circle in the center and handles on both sides.

The idea was to push the circle down the cob and release the kernels from the cob.

I went back to my knife. Maybe it was operator error, but more kernels flew around the kitchen than got on my plate. It didn't get better over time.

My knife never fails me.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

I've seen several different gadgets for this. I've never owned one tho. Just search corn cob cutter.

My mom used one that looked kind of like a microplane.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

I too use a knife.

There's supposed to be something on YouTube about a very easy way to do this. I'll see if I can find it.

Honored Contributor
On 7/27/2014 beach-mom said:

I too use a knife.

There's supposed to be something on YouTube about a very easy way to do this. I'll see if I can find it.

Couldn't find it - I wish I'd paid more attention when my friend told me about it! Most of the video's seem to like sarpy's method - a Bundt or angel food cake pan and a knife.

Super Contributor
This might be of interest to you. Go to Amazon.com. Select Home and Kitchen, and type in "corn stripper". They offer several options.
Respected Contributor

OXO has one at CHEF catalog. Its called OXO Good Grips Corn Stripper. Had great reviews.

Trusted Contributor
I use a fork! Simply hold one end and slip the prongs of the fork under a few rows of the kernels, tear it away from the cob, and you get a forkful! I've been doing this for years, as I don't like a faceful of buttered corn!