Honored Contributor

Paula Deen's New Product...Yes, It's Real!

Chocolate "Butter Sticks." They are made by Buffalo's Landies Candies (they sell on QVC now). The connection is the man who now is marketing her products...

Landies Candies makes Wegmans Swiss Chocolate products, which are OUTSTANDING.

Paula Deen Hey Yall Chocolate

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Paula Deen's New Product...Yes, It's Real!

I am not seeing these no matter which way I put it in the search engine...do you have an item number...

Honored Contributor

On 7/26/2014 circles said:

I am not seeing these no matter which way I put it in the search engine...do you have an item number...

Sorry...Landies Candies has had some products available at QVC. They had Easter chocolates and now a CIJ item under their own name.

The Paula Deen chocolate butter is NOT available at the Q. It's at the Clarence NY Paula Deen store. The store is actually also a showroom for supermarket buyers...they are pitching this product to East Coast supermarkets.

Trusted Contributor

Soooo, let me get this straight.

A person who hid her diabetes from the public (for her image and food product sake), and then came out (so to speak) as a diabetic, because she was a PAID spokesperson for a diabetes medication........is now selling chocolate candy bars.

{#emotions_dlg.blink}

Respected Contributor

Landies Candies took their excellent (for domestic) chocolate , made candy bars, wrapped them in "butter" wrappers and paid Paula to endorse them.......very clever.
Respected Contributor

On 7/26/2014 RedHeadedWench said:

A person who hid her diabetes from the public (for her image and food product sake), and then came out (so to speak) as a diabetic, because she was a PAID spokesperson for a diabetes medication........is now se lling chocolate candy bars.

{#emotions_dlg.blink}

Lisa Renna is paid to endorse Depends.....do you honestly think she wears them ? Really ?
Honored Contributor

On 7/26/2014 Danky said: Landies Candies took their excellent (for domestic) chocolate , made candy bars, wrapped them in "butter" wrappers and paid Paula to endorse them.......very clever.

It was the other way around. The Nanula family (founder of Tops supermarkets) are now marketing Paula Deen and helping her develop her own products.

They hired Landies to produce her chocolates...just like Landies produces Wegmans Swiss Recipe chocolates.

They have a whole array of food products that can be mail ordered at pauladeenfoods.com

Remember, when Paula went through her trouble, she was dumped by all the companies she was paid to endorse. She literally had nothing left to sell (except for her magazine and the furniture line. Even her book publisher stopped printing her books).Companies still don't want to be involved with her, so she is developing and producing her own line of food products.

She hired the son of the founder of TOPS Supermarkets to advise her. He lined up a venture capital firm to give them funding to get the products up and going. They are developing products and selling them to supermarket chains. I believe TOPS already carries her lines.

Honored Contributor

A person who hid her diabetes from the public (for her image and food product sake), and then came out (so to speak) as a diabetic, because she was a PAID spokesperson for a diabetes medication........is now selling chocolate candy bars.

{#emotions_dlg.blink}

I was willing to overlook her other transgressions, chalking them up to "I now know better"… but evidently, she just doesn't get it. I used to enjoy her show, but she does appear to be a woman of weak character.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.blink}

On pauladeenfoods.com she has lots of chocolate products and gooey cake mixes. In fact, I can't find anything there that is actually healthy.

Super Contributor

Hmm. Maybe she will have a sugar free bar?