Regular Contributor

I haven't ever had Harry London Chocolates and I'm not sure if to order it. The reviews seem mixed. 6 lbs of chocolate is a lot to order to have never tried them before. Ordering, sampling it and returning if I don't like just seems wrong.

If you have purchased, what did you think say compared to Whitman's?

Honored Contributor
I've never had this brand, but when I watched it presented last weekend, I thought 6 POUNDS of candy???? I have no idea what do do with that much.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Super Contributor

I ordered them last year and didn't care for them. To me, they were tasteless and waxy. If you don't like a food item, Customer Service will issue you a refund. They don't want the food back. I haven't had Whitman's in years.

Respected Contributor

I got some for Christmas - they're OK, not great. I'd take one pound of Godiva over six pounds of Harry London.

Respected Contributor

I tried them years ago and thought they were awful. Way too sweet for me.

And how gourmet can chocolate really be if they sell tons of it every year on QVC alone every month.

Respected Contributor
The one time I ordered that tin, I had mostly all one kind - the least popular kind and 3 of the good ones. Never again for me.
Honored Contributor

Someone gave them to me as a gift once. They weren't even as good as Whitman's chocolates, which aren't bad at all. The Harry London's were bland and "chewy", when they weren't supposed to be chewy.

Honored Contributor

Some are great, others okay, but then I am not a chocoholic, but my family members are. I thought I was through ordering as I had been ordering twelve pounds every Christmas for DD's teachers and friends, and some for us, but now that she is going to college, I just ordered six pounds for her dorm floor.

Honored Contributor
I found them to be the quality of something you'd buy at Walgreen's.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I didn't like them one bit! Just cheap and unpleasant tasting to me. In all fairness, however, I did hear that it was a good brand back when it was on hsn. I don't know if that's true or it's just completely a matter of taste, but I didn't order them until they were on QVC. I wish I hadn't.

OTOH, the other brand that I guess is somewhat related and is now sold on SHQ is pretty good. I want to say Waggoner's or something like that. HUGE difference. I wanted more of those. Smiley Happy

I'm surprised any of the shopping networks are selling this sort of thing at this time of year, though. Chocolates don't fare well during shipping in the summer unless you are ordering from a place that will put them in dry ice or some sort of special packing for shipping.