Valued Contributor

I'm not happy so far with the Rangemate...may not be good for my uses. Help, please. ( 1000+ watt oven with turntable)

I like to crisp up thin ham steaks. But only half browns on the bottom. Same thing with sliced weiners. A big section does not brown. I have to go in and move pieces from one side to another.

Does your Rangemate have a section that doesn't brown?

Valued Contributor

Anyone available to share your Rangemate experience?

Not applicable

My new Rangemate Grill came w/recipe for deviled eggs and instructed to add 1 cup of water and 6 large eggs, cover and cook for 13-15 min. First time I cooked at full power 1200 wts and cover blew off and half the eggs exploded. What a mess!

Just tried again at level 7 for 13 min. and again eggs exploded but cover remained on. Eggs appear to be cooked at 7 minutes remaining. Is the recipe book in error? I'm getting of scraping egg pieces off the door and walls of my microwave.

Respected Contributor

For the ham and the wieners, do you preheat the range mate with some pam or light oil in it and then put the ham or wieners in it ? Then you cook for a short time and flip.

doxie

For the eggs, doesn't it say it is for the 1000 microwave? I remember her saying how you had to make adjustments for your microwave. I wonder if you need to try one egg at a time and try the level 7 at 7-8 min. Let me know what you find out. 13 minutes does seem like a long time to me.

Esteemed Contributor
I pretty much just use my rangemate for boiling eggs. I do 7 or so eggs for 15 minutes. They turn out perfect for making deviled eggs.
Respected Contributor

What is the wattage of your microwave?

doxie