Contributor
I'm trying to choose colors and I'm curious what combos You have. I just received the poppy and it is a very Bright orange so it's going back. I'm thinking about papricka and tangerine For something somewhat neutral.
Frequent Contributor

I have all the colors in the plates and I think the paprika and tangerine would be a super combo. I also love the cobalt and emerald green and anything with the sunflower color. I love the sunflower color! Can you tell. It is very hard to pick a favorite combo. The colors are so vibrant. Good Luck!

Honored Contributor

I have mainly colors from the 30's and 50's, but I'm sure you will get many answers on the new colors. Most of these are on the intense side, as you noticed in the poppy. If you go to HomerLaughlin.com you will find a link on the left of the page called Colorama. With this handy tool you can change the individual colors of a place setting ad infinitum. Literally hundreds of combinations. My personal favorites are cobalt and sunflower, and turquoise and any orange.

Contributor

I am a new collector--just started my collection in May. I have tangerine, cobalt, peacock, turquoise, poppy, scarlet, sunflower and lemongrass square place settings. I love the intense colors and the variety of all the colors! I just found that one can purchase the plum square place settings, and I will place an order soon.

It's definitely addicting!!

Honored Contributor

Picking colors to start is so hard!

I wanted 4 different ones & ended up getting plates in turquoise, lemongrass, tangerine, and peacock. I love them all!

I don't need more plates but I think I'll add accessories in some other colors as well as matching ones. I really like the sunflower color a lot & want some pieces in that.

Honored Contributor

I'm probably pretty boring. Most of mine is scarlet and black. I have some tangerine, peacock, and plum (is that what the dark purple color is called?).

The ivory is very yellow-ish, so I found it unappealing. The white is too stark now, so I don't care for it. I have some old white pieces that look nice, though. I also have some of the obsolete pearl grey.

Also, even though I don't care for pink, I find the flamingo color to be very pleasing to the eye.

Respected Contributor
I have service for 12, all different colors. There are only the two of us, so you can see I have a bit of a problem with Fiestaware! There is a Fiestaware thread in this forum you might want to read, too.
Trusted Contributor

Hi, dogluvrtoo,

I like the suggestion from depglass, to check out the colorama on HL's website.

I ordered (from amazon) 4 jumbo cups, one in each color I was considering. Cobalt, Peacock, Turquoise & White. I chose the jumbo cup because that was a great bowl/cup that I knew I would love, and it was not included in the place settings. I also like the idea of buying fruit bowls in the colors you are considering. They are so handy, love them.

So after living with the 4 jumbo cups for a while, we finally decided to order place settings in turquoise & white. I knew I could add additional colors in the future. Which I have done! I got the Dillard's exclusive small rice bowl in lemongrass, sunflower, tangerine, flamingo. Those colors go so great with turquoise & white.

Also have added some pieces in scarlet. Love turquoise & scarlet. Added more peacock too.

I also like ivory. I considered ivory & turquoise, but I also like the white with turquoise. Just so you are aware, sometimes silverware makes gray marks on white, and it is easily removed with barkeepers friend, a powdered cleanser.

I don't have any paprika pieces, but I have seen it in person and I think it is pretty. Tangerine is not as intense as the new Poppy, but I still think it is a bright color.

Are you ordering place settings? If so, when you order directly from HL you can choose to have the place settings include the java mug, which is a little larger than the original ring handle mug, and it also has a larger handle. I like the cup & saucer, java mug and jumbo cup!

Have fun!

Respected Contributor

i have shamrock and scarlett (had to cover holidays) and sunflower and plum.(school colors) i have serving pieces in all 4 of the colors. i also have holiday editions, birthday/halloween,st. pat's and christmas.

Super Contributor
I have "accent" pieces in yellow for spring/summer and orange for fall. I am slowly collecting the bake ware because I have been assured it does NOT eventually get small cracks in the glaze. I have had lots of bakeware from Phaltzcraft over the years and it all eventually cracked. My main dinnerware is white English Garden by Mikassa, so I just choose to accent with Fiesta.