Valued Contributor

Frozen Strawberry Crunch Cake

I haven't made this but found it online, and I thought it was share-worthy! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

http://www.tablespoon.com/recipes/frozen-strawberry-crunch-cake/77f0827b-2e23-4cf7-81c0-53ad08b521c4

/></p> <p class= Frozen Strawberry Crunch Cake

Ingredients

1 box Nature Valley Granola Bars

1/3 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup flour

6 tablespoons melted butter

2 egg whites

1/2 cup sugar

1 cup heavy whipping cream

1 lemon

4 ounces cream cheese

1 1/2 cups freshly chopped strawberries

Directions

• Put the Nature Valley granola bars in a food processor and process until you achieve a coarse crumb.
  • In a large bowl, add the crumbs, brown sugar, flour and melted butter and mix together. Then spread into an 8x8-inch pan that has been covered with parchment paper. Bake at 350ºF for 20 minutes. Let cool. Then divide in half and set aside.
  • In a mixing bowl, combine eggs whites and sugar and mix on high. Add the heavy cream and continue mixing for another 5 minutes.
  • Continue to add the fresh squeezed lemon juice and softened cream cheese. Mix on low speed until incorporated.
  • Fold the fresh strawberries into the cream mixture.
  • In a buttered glass cake pan, press half of the crumb crust mixture on the bottom. Top with strawberry mix and then add the remaining crumbs to the top.
  • Cover and freeze for three hours or more and enjoy!

Super Contributor

Re: Frozen Strawberry Crunch Cake

This sounds refreshingly lovely...Ahhh. Will definitely try soon. beanie

Trusted Contributor

Re: Frozen Strawberry Crunch Cake

sounds good DiamondGirly. When you get it thrown together, give me a shout out nd I will be over for a BIG slice. Thanks for sharing

JPC